HWCOM at FIU conducts basic, applied, translational, clinical, and interdisciplinary research that leverages South Florida's diverse demographics, improves the health of the South Florida community, and aligns with national global health trends.
The college's research initiatives aim to discover and advance medically relevant knowledge to improve health outcomes in the community, region, nation, and world. Based on the research interests and expertise of the faculty and needs identified in the local community.
Wertheim Lectureship Series
The Dr. Herbert and Nicole Wertheim Leadership in Healthcare and Medicine Lectureship seminar series hosts nationally and internationally recognized leaders in healthcare, scientific, and clinical research. Watch the seminars and learn about advancements in cutting-edge research and practices.
Using Smart Particles to Cure Cancer
Drs. Carolyn D. Runowicz and Sakhrat Khizroev give a TEDxFIU on how they combined medicine and advanced nanotechnological engineering to create a smarter, more targeted therapy that could overcome the most lethal gynecologic cancer.
Dr. Aileen Marty didn’t think twice when the World Health Organization called her in 2014 and again in 2015 to help lead containment efforts in West Africa. View her TEDxFIU talk.
- Research Opportunities for HWCOM Faculty
- Research Opportunities for HWCOM Students
- Funding Information
- Faculty Research Support Structure
- Graduate Faculty/Dissertation Advisor Status
- HWCOM Faculty Research Incentive Program
- FIU Volunteer/Intern Application (A)
- FIU Volunteer Application Supervisor Form (B)
- HWCOM Student Volunteer Process Checklist Form A2
- Students in HWCOM Research Laboratories Policy
- Research Advisor Selection Form (PhD students in programs outside the college of medicine)
- Research Advisor Selection Form (PhD students in the HWCOM PhD in Biomedical Sciences program)