HWCOM at FIU conducts basic, applied, translational, clinical, and interdisciplinary research that leverages South Florida's diverse demographics, improves the health of the South Florida community, and aligns with national global health trends.
The college's research initiatives aim to discover and advance medically relevant knowledge to improve health outcomes in the community, region, nation, and world. Based on the research interests and expertise of the faculty and needs identified in the local community.
Wertheim Lectureship Series
The Dr. Herbert and Nicole Wertheim Leadership in Healthcare and Medicine Lectureship seminar series hosts nationally and internationally recognized leaders in healthcare, scientific, and clinical research. Watch the seminars and learn about advancements in cutting-edge research and practices.
Annual Faculty and Student Awards and Student Research Symposium
This event recognizes achievement and highlights innovative research findings in the areas of basic sciences, community-based, epidemiological research, health care quality and improvement research, and medical education research.
Work in Research
- FIU Volunteer/Intern Application (A)
- FIU Volunteer Application Supervisor Form (B)
- HWCOM Student Volunteer Process Checklist Form A2
- Research Advisor Selection Form (PhD students in programs outside the college of medicine)
- Research Advisor Selection Form (PhD students in the HWCOM PhD in Biomedical Sciences program)
- Students in HWCOM Research Laboratories Policy