The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine provides innovative and engaging opportunities for students, faculty and researchers to participate in research activities.
Student Research Opportunities
- Research Opportunities for HWCOM Students
- FIU-Herbert Wertheim - UM-Sylvester Medical Student Research Program
- Summer Research Fellowship Program
- Research Funding Information
- Research Databases and Database Management Tools
- Clinical and Basic Science Faculty Contacts for Medical Students
- FIU Volunteer/Intern Application (A)
- FIU Volunteer Application Supervisor Form (B)
- HWCOM Student Volunteer Process Checklist Form A2
- Students in HWCOM Research Laboratories Policy
- ASCO Foundation - Grant for Medical Student Rotation for Underrepresented Populations
- Research Advisor Selection Form (PhD students in programs outside the college of medicine)
- Research Advisor Selection Form (PhD students in the HWCOM PhD in Biomedical Sciences program)
CUREUS: Open Access Medical Journal
FIU students, medical residents and faculty are able to submit publications to Cureus, an online open access medical journal.
Please contact Maria Medranda at email@example.com, for any questions.