The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine provides innovative and engaging opportunities for students, faculty and researchers to participate in research activities.
Student Research Opportunities
- Research Opportunities for HWCOM Students
- FIU-Herbert Wertheim - UM-Sylvester Medical Student Research Program
- Summer Research Fellowship Program
- Research Funding Information
- Research Databases and Database Management Tools
- Clinical and Basic Science Faculty Contacts for Medical Students
- FIU Volunteer/Intern Application (A)
- FIU Volunteer Application Supervisor Form (B)
- HWCOM Student Volunteer Process Checklist Form A2
- Students in HWCOM Research Laboratories Policy
- ASCO Foundation - Grant for Medical Student Rotation for Underrepresented Populations
- Research Advisor Selection Form (PhD students in programs outside the college of medicine)
- Research Advisor Selection Form (PhD students in the HWCOM PhD in Biomedical Sciences program)
The Cureus Journal of Medical Science
FIU students, medical residents and faculty are able to submit publications to the Cureus, an online open access medical journal.
Please contact Michael Degregorio at email@example.com for any questions.