What you can do
If you share our vision of the future of medicine, we encourage you to work with us to make it a reality. Florida International University’s Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine provides ways for foundations, groups, and individuals to donate vital funding to directly support the Dimitroff Lab and our mission.
The need for support
The majority of the work conducted by the Dimitroff Lab is funded through grants from the federal government. While this government sponsorship is critically important, particularly for ongoing research and clinical studies, it is poorly suited for initiating new projects and encouraging the evaluation of early ideas, exactly the kind of potential breakthrough research that the Dimitroff Lab promotes.
How does your donation help?
By funding cancer research and regenerative medicine projects, your donation can:
- Fund a four-year project to explore new pathways and strategies to improve cell-based anti-cancer immunotherapies
- Fund a four-year research project to discover techniques to improve the treatment and early detection of cancer
- Fund a four-year research project that will improve antibody-immune responses related to vaccinations or to the treatment of B-lymphomas
- Provide Innovative Equipment for Biomedical Research
- Create a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Biomedical Research
The Ralph J. Bernacki Memorial Award
This award recognizes exceptional translational glycobiology research at FIU by empowering pre-doctoral and post-doctoral scholars to explore vital glycobiology-disease connections, including innovative therapies, diagnostic markers, and disease mechanisms.
Ralph J. Bernacki, Ph.D., was a cancer research scientist at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center for over 40 years and was a research professor at SUNY Buffalo.
Your contribution will continue Dr. Bernacki's legacy and advance glycobiology.