Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) at Florida International University (FIU) is committed to preparing students to become socially accountable, culturally competent, community-based physicians, scientists, and health professionals. When you give to HWCOM, you invest in the future of South Florida by supporting innovative curricula and programs that train students to address the social determinants of health in medically underserved communities. Together we are working to transform health and health care in South Florida.
Major gifts from our Leadership Society have helped secure the future success of the College of Medicine. The Leadership Society comprises:
- Baptist Health South Florida
- Braman Family Foundation
- Green Family Foundation, Inc.
- Leon Medical Centers, Inc.
- Nicklaus Children’s Hospital
- North Dade Medical Foundation, Inc.
- Dr. and Mrs. Albert Taño
- The Batchelor Foundation, Inc.
- Ware Foundation
- Dr. and Mrs. Herbert A. Wertheim