The Department of Dermatology was established in 2012 as one of the critical clinical departments within the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine at Florida International University.
Vision and goals
Our Vision is to become one of the most outstanding departments of dermatology in the Southeastern United States. Providing excellence in medical student education, graduate medical education (GME), and be looked to as an outstanding source for continuing medical education (CME).
Our departmental goals are to establish a culture of academic excellence and patient-centered care as a model emulated by others by:
- Recruiting outstanding faculty from the region and the nation with an interest in improving outcomes in patients with dermatologic disease
- Exposing medical students to a vast array of patients with dermatologic conditions
- Providing role-models for trainees throughout the educational spectrum
- Developing an exemplary ACGME-accredited residency training program
- Establishing an international outreach program to provide graduate medical experiences for individuals outside of the continental United States
Florida International University
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
Department of Dermatology
11200 SW 8th Street, AHC-2 675