The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB-GYN) was established in the Fall of 2008 as part of the new FIU College of Medicine.
Vision and goals
To be one of the most outstanding academic departments of OB-GYN in the region and a center of excellence for innovations in the fields of research, education, and clinical care.
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is committed to improving the health for those we serve with dedication to excellence, providing an outstanding environment for undergraduate medical education in OB-GYN, creating and maintaining an outstanding residency training program in OB-GYN, and providing a venue for continuing medical education for physicians in the area.
The department’s goals will be accomplished by:
- Training our medical students with the highest level of professionalism in patient care.
- Familiarizing them with the specialty, giving them a competent basic education in OB-GYN while encouraging research at every level.
- Developing the OB-GYN Department at sites in the academic community base centers for medical students and resident training.
- Creating and maintaining a curriculum that will expose our residents and students to all aspects of OB-GYN.
- Recruiting the best faculty and supporting them in their pursuit of excellence in patient care, research, medical education, and technology.
Florida International University
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
11200 SW 8th Street, AHC-2 675