Student Research Opportunities
Research topics at HWCOM encompass a variety of fields within translational medicine, basic science, and clinical research. Students are encouraged to reach out to faculty regarding their research interests.
This competitive program provides an opportunity for current year one, year two medical students and pre-matriculants to gain research experience through a variety of research projects available in basic, educational, population outcomes, translational and clinical research.
The Annual Research Symposium is a full-day poster and oral presentation competition put on by HWCOM students and affiliates (including PA, MA, MS, & Ph.D. students, residents, and alumni). The symposium is followed by an awards ceremony where the winners are announced.
- Clinical and Basic Science Faculty Contacts for Medical Students
- FIU Volunteer/Intern Application (A)
- FIU Volunteer Application Supervisor Form (B)
- HWCOM Student Volunteer Process Checklist Form A2
- Students in HWCOM Research Laboratories Policy
- ASCO Foundation - Grant for Medical Student Rotation for Underrepresented Populations
- Research Funding Information
- Research Databases and Database Management Tools
- Research Advisor Selection Form (PhD students in programs outside the college of medicine)
- Research Advisor Selection Form (PhD students in the HWCOM PhD in Biomedical Sciences program)
The Cureus Journal of Medical Science
FIU students, medical residents and faculty are able to submit publications to Cureus, an online open access medical journal. Submit publications on the FIU FLAGSHIP website. For more information on publishing, view the Author Guide or view the Channel Article Publication Flowchart.
Please contact Katyuska Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.