Applicants to the HWCOM MPAS program must meet all of the admission requirements to be considered. The program requires full-time attendance and does not accept transfer credits or grant advanced placement.
International applicants and foreign medical graduates interested in applying to the HWCOM MPAS must complete all the requirements listed for domestic applicants as well as the requirements listed below:
- Completion of all science prerequisite requirements within seven years at a college or university in the United States.
- Applicants must have their transcripts translated in accordance with CASPA guidelines. Visit CASPA - Foreign and French Canadian Transcripts
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries and those whose studies were completed outside of the US must present minimum scores on an English Language proficiency exam.
For a list of English proficiency exempt countries and English proficiency exam options, visit the international admissions website.
All prerequisite courses must be completed by the fall semester before the application deadline, i.e., applications for fall 2023 must have prerequisite courses completed by December 2022.
Complete all prerequisite courses within 7 years of the application deadline.
FIU course codes and descriptions are listed below, students can apply with courses from other colleges or universities of similar course level or description. For more information on FIU courses visit the FIU Course Catalog.
Check your prerequisite equivalencies with those at FIU by visiting FIU’s Transfer Equivalency Database.
- The MPAS program encourages applicants to select FIU if taking the PA-CAT for other programs. The PA-CAT scores do not replace the GRE scores which are required for application to the FIU MPAS program.
- Applicants are encouraged to register for an information session by sending an email to email@example.com.