What happens during the appointment process?
- Initial appointment communication by faculty, clerkship director, Chair, etc to Department Chair
- Chair reviews application documentation
- Chair submits application to HR & ADFD
- HR prepares & submits application to APT
- ADFD reviews & vets application
- APT reviews application for appropriateness, rank & track
- HR emails APT minutes to Chairs
- HR sends offer letter to faculty
- HR processes appointment (PantherSoft & Faculty Appointment Database)
Key stakeholders in the appointment process are:
- Department Chairs – Click here for Department Chair information
- ADFD – this stands for the Assistant Dean for Faculty Development who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- HR – this stands for Human Resources who can be reached at email@example.com
- APT – this stands for the Appointment, Promotion & Tenure Committee at the College of Medicine
Helpful links for each step in becoming voluntary faculty at HWCOM:
- Correct CV Format with Examples - Be sure to include months when writing dates, not just years.
- Gap Explanation Form – This form must be completed to explain any gaps on the CV. This form is completed by the applicant and sent to the Chair or designee.
- Courtesy Information Form – This form is completed by the applicant and sent to the Chair or designee.