The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine Human Resources (HWCOM HR) team assists HWCOM employees in all human resources functions, working in collaboration with the University's Division of Human Resources. Below please find the areas that the HWCOM HR team provides support:
- Management of full-cycle recruitment process for Faculty, Administrative & Staff, and Temporary positions. This includes working with the departments on the creation of the position profiles, search & screen process, postings, advertisements, and compensation analysis for all selected candidates.
- Management of onboarding process for new employees, such as completing all pre-employment requirements, enrolling and ensuring completion of required trainings and providing ongoing support and guidance to new employees and supervisors.
- Management of faculty affairs matters such as initial appointments, appointment renewals, voluntary faculty, Appointment, Tenure and Promotion Committee meetings, LCME reports, salary surveys, etc.
- Management of training and development for all employees. This includes follow up on university compliance trainings, creation of training materials, identifications of resources, and collaboration with external entities to provide opportunities for professional development.
- Management of recognition programs and events to foster engagement and retention.
- Support for employee and labor relation matters, in collaboration with the Division of Human Resources, Employee and Labor Relations team.
The HWCOM HR team is here to support HWCOM employees with all their HR needs. We strive to create a welcoming, inclusive, and engaging environment to ensure that all our employees succeed in their career. Below please find our contact information and please feel free to reach out to us at any time.