Facilities Planning and Operations
The HWCOM Facilities Planning and Operations Department works in close collaboration with the University’s central Facilities Management and their divisions of planning, construction, maintenance, and operations and is responsible for planning, space management, access control, and security within the College of Medicine. The Department is responsible for:
- Long-range facilities planning and implementation of all capital projects (new construction and remodeling/renovations)
- Collection and assembly of space data required for accreditation submissions to the LCME
- Coordination with FIU Facilities Construction Project Managers during design and construction of projects undertaken on behalf of HWCOM and related entities.
- Selection, procurement, and installation of furniture and equipment installed at all HWCOM facilities.
- Coordination with the university's Office of Academic Space Management on departmental space allocations for HWCOM and its related entities
- Provide HWCOM control over key requests authorizing the issuance of keys by FIU Facilities Maintenance & Operations Key Bank to faculty and staff
- HWCOM Public Service Technicians (PST) provide non-emergency police services for all HWCOM facilities to ensure the safety and security of students, faculty, and staff by conducting regular patrols of buildings.
Facilities Planning and Operations staff strive to develop flexible educational spaces capable of evolving as technologies and curriculum advance, improving educational outcomes.