The Office of Student Affairs-Careers and Professional Development Services provides an array of services to ensure the preparedness of medical students throughout their four years at the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine. Our unit recognizes the importance that career guidance and professional development has in assisting future physicians achieve their goal of becoming competent, skillful, and compassionate practitioners who are well-suited for their chosen field of specialization. HWCOM is committed to assisting in the professional development of FIU medical students by helping them explore and identify possible career-specialty options in order to become competitive applicants for their potential residency program.
By utilizing our services, medical students have access to:
- Personalized career guidance meetings
- Career exploration assessments
- Career-guided workshops: Many of these workshops are recorded and available via Tegrity on CanvasMed. Workshops include:
- CV workshops
- Specialty Panels
- Personal Statement Workshops
- Residency Preparedness Workshops (Town Hall Meetings)
- Career-Guided Timeline
- Careers/Mentoring Program
For more information please contact Careers and Professional Development Coordinator Alejandro Amaya.
Find us on Facebook