Applicants to the HWCOM MPAS program must meet all of the following requirements to be considered. The program requires full time attendance and does not accept transfer credits or grant advanced placement.
FIU students and alumni who are interested in determining their eligibility for the HWCOM MPAS program can schedule an appointment with Pre-Health Advising Department at (305)348-0515.
International and foreign medical graduates interested in applying to the HWCOM MPAS must complete all the requirements listed for domestic applicants as well as the requirements listed below:
- Completion of all science prerequisite requirements within seven years at a college or university in the United States.
- Applicants must have their transcripts translated in accordance with CASPA guidelines. Visit CASPA - Foreign and French Canadian Transcripts
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries and those whose studies were completed outside of the US must demonstrate proficiency of the English Language by presenting a minimum score in any of the following:
- TOEFL iBT/PBT 80/550
- IELTS 6.5
- ENC 1101 and ENC 1102 with a B or better taken at a regionally accredited institution in the U.S. or as previously articulated by Transfer and Transition Services (Coming Soon)
- FIU’s English Language Institute Level Six: Successful completion with passing grades for all content areas
- Applicants from institutions with regional accreditation or other English speaking countries who hold an undergraduate or graduate degree.
For a list of English proficiency exempt countries visit the international admissions website.