Holder, Cheryl L
Title: Program Director of Panther College of Medicine communities; and Associate Professor
Office: AHC2 554C
Department(s): Humanities, Health and Society
Education and Training
- MD, The George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Harlem Hospital, New York, New York
- Fellowship, Community Clinical Skills Scholar, Department of Family Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida
- Internal Medicine
- Botelho R, Engle B, Mora J, Holder C. Brief Interventions for Alcohol Misuse Primary Care Clinics in Office Practice. 38. 2011:105-123.
- Holder C, Louis LN. Pumpkin Soup is for Sunday. EducaVision Inc. 2010.
- Holder C. Girls Are Most At Risk. Miami Herald. November 12, 1998.
- Cornwall-Jones CA, Holder CL. Early Olfactory Learning is Influenced by Sex in Hamsters But not Rats. Physical Behavior. Dec 23 1979: (B) 1835-48.
- Spirit of Excellence Award, Dade County Medical Association, 2011
- Community Advocate Award, National Medical Association, 2011
- Jacqueline M. Davis, BSN Award for Collaboration and Support, National Black Nurses Association, 2010
- Success South Florida’s 50 Most Powerful Black Professionals, 2008
- Miami-Dade Area Health Education Center, Dr. Cheryl Holder Scholarship for Medical Students, 2008
- Success South Florida 25 Most Influential and Prominent Black Women, 2007
- Robert Wood Johnson Community Leadership Program $25,000 Sabbatical Award, 2005
- South Florida AIDS Network Community Activism and Leadership Award World AIDS Day, 2005
- Shelbourne House and Fernwood Apartments Award Plaque – Recognition of 10 years of Outstanding Service to the Board of Directors, 2003
- Women of Distinction – Women’s History Month Certificate of Appreciation, The Miami-Dade County Office of the Mayor and Board of County Commissioners
Areas of Interest
- School Health and Adolescents
- Health Promotion and Education