The College of Medicine Founders program supports student scholarships, recruitment, and the medical program in the college. By becoming a member, you can provide unrestricted funding that can be directed to HWCOM's most immediate and pressing needs.
College of Medicine Founders agree to commit $50,000 or more, which can be paid in annual installments over a period of up to 5 years, to the College of Medicine Education Fund.
Recognition and Benefits
Individuals and organizations who make commitments are recognized permanently as College of Medicine Founders and as members of the FIU Society of Founders.
College of Medicine Founders benefits include:
- Access to the HWCOM Dean and HWCOM faculty and administrators through events, briefings, and other presentations exclusively for College of Medicine Founders.
- Invitations to select FIU and HWCOM events, including those exclusively for founders.
- Listing as a College of Medicine Founder in various College of Medicine and University publications and web sites.
- Listing on a Wall of Honor installed in a prominent place in the building housing the College of Medicine.
- A commemorative membership plaque.
- The opportunity to participate in the development of an institution that plays an important role in providing high-quality health care for our community.
Nelson L. Adams, M.D.
Michael M. Adler
Richard Amundsen & Claudia Puig
Jose & Ada Armas
NMA/James Wilson Bridges Medical Society and Association of Haitian Physicians Abroad, South Florida Chapter
Baptist Health South Florida
Carmel J. & Carmel P. Barrau
Beraja Medical Institute
Robert Berrin, Esq. & Family
BlueCross BlueShield of Florida
Joseph L. Caruncho
Stephen Dresnick, M.D.
Emergency Room Medical Association at Mercy Hospital Miami John Marshall, M.D., Jorge Amaya, M.D., Xavier Anton, M.D.
FIU Alumni Association
Julio Garcia, M.D.
Justo M. Garcia
Dr. Sergio Gonzalez-Arias & Maria Morales-Gonzalez
Guerra Family Foundation
Perla Tabares Hantman
The Hera Foundation
Rodolfo Hernandez, M.D./Psychcare LLC
Jeffrey L. Horstmyer, M.D. & Professor Tillie FoxLawrence Kahn, III*
Christopher G. KorgeKirk Landon*
Donald E. Lefton
Orlando Lopez-Fernandez, M.D.
Modesto A. Maidique
Mercy Hospital Medical Staff
Jack J. Michel, M.D. & Larkin Community Hospital
Dr. & Mrs. J. Patrick O'Leary
David R. Parker & Marian E. Davis
Manuel A. Penalver, M.D. Cristina Lopez-Penalver, M.D.
Phycare Medical Group
Jose E. Portuondo, M.D.
Justo Luis & Sylvia Pozo
Dr. & Mrs. John A. Rock
Drs. Carolyn Runowicz and Sheldon H. Cherry
Drs. Joe Leigh Simpson & Sandra Carson
Jorge L. Sosa, M.D.
South Florida Medical Imaging, P.A.
Roberto Tuchman, M.D. & Laurie Tuchman
The Valverde Family
VITAS Innovative Hospice Care
Herbert A. Wertheim
Dr. Vijay Zaveri & Family
Isaac & Loly Zelcer
*Represents founders in Memoriam