The College of Medicine Founders program supports student scholarships, recruitment, and the medical program in the college. By becoming a member, you can provide unrestricted funding that can be directed to HWCOM's most immediate and pressing needs.
College of Medicine Founders agree to commit $50,000 or more, which can be paid in annual installments over a period of up to 5 years, to the College of Medicine Education Fund.
Recognition and Benefits
Individuals and organizations who make commitments are recognized permanently as College of Medicine Founders and as members of the FIU Society of Founders.
College of Medicine Founders benefits include:
- Access to the HWCOM Dean and HWCOM faculty and administrators through events, briefings, and other presentations exclusively for College of Medicine Founders.
- Invitations to select FIU and HWCOM events, including those exclusively for founders.
- Listing as a College of Medicine Founder in various College of Medicine and University publications and web sites.
- Listing on a Wall of Honor installed in a prominent place in the building housing the College of Medicine.
- A commemorative membership plaque.
- The opportunity to participate in the development of an institution that plays an important role in providing high-quality health care for our community.
Nelson L. Adams, MD
Michael M. Adler
Richard Amundsen and Claudia Puig
Drs. Jose and Ada Armas
NMA /James Wilson Bridges Medical Society, Inc. and Association of Haitian Physicians Abroad, South Florida Chapter
Baptist Health South Florida
Carmel J. and Carmel P. Barrau
Beraja Medical Institute
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.
Joseph L. Caruncho
Stephen Dresnick, MD
Emergency Room Medical Association at Mercy Hospital Miami, John Marshall, MD, Jorge Amaya, MD, and Xavier Anton, MD
Luis Guillermo Fernandez-Leal, MD
FIU Alumni Association
Julio Garcia, MD
Justo M. Garcia
Dr. Sergio Gonzalez-Arias and Maria Morales-Gonzalez
Guerra Family Foundation
Perla Tabares Hantman
The Hera Foundation
Rodolfo Hernandez, MD/Psychcare, LLC
Jeffrey L. Horstmyer, MD and Professor Tillie Fox
S. Lawrence Kahn III
Christopher G. Korge
R. Kirk Landon*
Donald E. Lefton
Orlando Lopez-Fernandez, MD
Modesto A. Maidique
Mercy Hospital Medical Staff
Jack J. Michel, MD, and Larkin Community Hospital
Dr. and Mrs. J. Patrick O'Leary
David R. Parker and Marian E. Davis
Manuel A. Penalver, MD, and Cristina Lopez-Penalver, MD
Phycare Medical Group, Inc.
Jose E. Portuondo, MD
Justo Luis and Sylvia Pozo
Dr. and Mrs. John A. Rock
Drs. Carolyn Runowicz and Sheldon H. Cherry
Steven Scott, MD
Drs. Joe Leigh Simpson and Sandra Carson
Jorge L. Sosa, MD
South Florida Medical Imaging, PA
Roberto Tuchman, MD, and Laurie Tuchman
The Valverde Family
VITAS Innovative Hospice Care
Herbert A. Wertheim, OD, ScD
Dr. Vijay Zaveri and Family
Isaac and Loly Zelcer
*Represents Founders in Memoriam