The Florida Epsilon Chapter selects members from the junior and senior classes each year to join the honor society. Senior members are selected in the late summer of their fourth year, while junior members are selected in the springtime of their third year. For senior member selection, an application is sent out via email to the top quartile of the class in the late summer. The application asks nominees to report their academic performance, leadership activities, and service involvement. The applications are then de-identified and reviewed by a distinguished committee of faculty and the AOA executive board. Junior applications are done similarly but in late spring.
- 2019: Robert Sackstein, M.D., Ph.D
- 2018: Herbert Wertheim, O.D., D.Sc., M.D. (hc)
- 2017: Gagani Athauda, M.D., Vivian Obeso, M.D., A. Frederick Schild, M.D.
- 2013: James Patrick O’Leary, M.D., Robert Dollinger, M.D., John Rock, M.D., Carolyn Runowicz, M.D., Robert Hernandez, M.D., Pedro “Joe” Greer, M.D., Pedro Lopez, M.D., Chad Perlyn, M.D., Sheldon H. Cherry, M.D.
- 2017: Hanadys Ale, M.D., Allergy & Immunology Fellow, Class of 2013; Mohammad Al-Mousily, M.D., Pediatrics Resident, Class of 2015