Welcome Back Visit is an opportunity for you to get to know the Executive Leadership team that helped build the College from the ground up. You will hear from our current students about their experiences on everything from curriculum to rotations and have an opportunity to ask them any questions you would like. You will be learning about the Green Family Foundation NeighborhoodHELP program and hearing first-hand from participants about their involvement in this unique program. You will also have a chance to participate in a simulation activity in our state-of-the-art Albert and Debbie Tano Simulation Center while touring our beautiful campus and facilities. The day will end with a resource fair and reception (complete with Cuban cafecito) where you and your guest will have a chance to socialize with your future classmates and faculty and learn more about all the exciting opportunities available at HWCOM.
Our goal for this Welcome Back Visit is that you will get an honest look at what the FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is all about. Come share in our excitement!
I was drawn to the FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine because of their emphasis on preventative medicine and the early access to patients. NeighborhoodHELP will give us hands on practice and cooperation with other graduate disciplines that are not available at other medical programs.Mary "Molly" Garland, Alumna Class of 2013
Bring a guest and let us show you everything HWCOM has to offer. RSVPs close two weeks before the visit date, so don't delay!
Planning Your Visit
Monday, March 6, 2017
Monday, April 24, 2017
Location and Contact Information
|1:30 PM||Welcome Remarks and Meet the Dean and HWCOM Executive Leadership|
|1:50 PM||Curriculum Overview and Medical Student Perspective|
|2:10 PM||Changing Lives One Household at a Time|
|3:15 PM||Class of 2021: Medical Student Panel
Guests: Information Session
|4:15 PM||Class of 2021: Simulation Activity
Guests: Campus Tour
|5:30 PM||Resource Fair and Networking|
|7:00 PM||Event ends
Below are a few hotel suggestions and be sure to ask for the FIU rate:
- Courtyard Marriott. 11275 NW 12 Street, Miami, FL. Phone: 305-994-9343 or the Central Reservations Office at 800-356-9775
- Hilton Miami Airport. 5101 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL. Phone: 305-365-3800
- Best Western Plus Miami Airport West Inn & Suites. 3875 NW 107 Avenue, Doral, FL. Phone: 305-463-7195
- Hampton Inn & Suites Doral. 11600 NW 41 Street, Doral, FL. Phone: 305-500-9300
- Official Miami Airport Shuttle, Inc. Phone: 954-722-9902
- Easy Shuttle. Phone: 800-707-7281
- Miami-Dade Transit. Phone: 305-770-3131
- Taxi Cab and Shuttle Service. Phone: 305-871-2000
- Taxi Services. Phone: 305-444-4444 or 305-888-8888
- Avis. Phone: 305-341-0936
- Enterprise. Phone: 305-663-0377
You will need to wear business casual attire. For men, we encourage comfortable dress shoes, slacks, and a dress shirt. Options for women include dress pants or a skirt with a blouse or a business casual dress. Also, please wear dress shoes that are comfortable and appropriate for walking around campus.