Mora, Jorge Camilo
Director of Geriatric Medical Education; Strand Leader for Professional Development; Director of Clinical Nutrition; and Associate Professor
Office: AHC2 456A
Division: Internal Medicine
Jorge Mora is board certified in family medicine and geriatrics. He joined FIU in 2009 as a founding faculty member at the HWCOM. Prior to that, he worked at Broward Health Medical Center and the Veterans Administration Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Florida,
After graduating from medical school, Dr. Mora worked at the Harvard AIDS Institute and François-Xavier Bagnoud Internationa, and later at the University of Texas where he continued his interest in HIV/AIDS research.
Jorge Mora is Course Director of the Period 2 Geriatric Clerk- ship course. Mora also serves as board member at Kaiser University and Universal Heritage Institute clinic.
Education and Training
- MD, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogota, Colombia MPH, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts
- Residency, Family Medicine, Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, Tallahassee, Florida Chief Resident, Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, Tallahassee, Florida
- Longitudinal Mini-Fellowship in Geriatric Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (ongoing)
- Mini-Fellowship in Geriatric Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MA
- Mora JC. Physical Exercise Guidelines for Older Adults. POGOe - Portal of Geriatrics Online Education; 2019 Available from: https://pogoe.org/productid/21715. June 2019.
- Mora JC, Valencia WM. Exercise and Older Adults. Clin Geriatr Med. 2018 Feb;34(1):145-162. doi: 10.1016/j.cger.2017.08.007. Epub 2017 Oct 10. Review. PubMed PMID: 29129214.
- Mora JC. Elder Care: A Resource for Interprofessional Providers: Nocturia in Older Adults. POGOe - Portal of Geriatrics Online Education; 2017 Available from: https://pogoe.org/productid/21241
- Martinez IL, Artze-Vega I, Wells AL, Mora JC, Gillis M. Twelve tips for teaching social determinants of health in medicine. Med Teach. 2014 Nov 6:1-6.
- Mora JC, Ciocon J, Galindo D. Extreme Complementary Alternative Medicine – A Case of Over-the-Counter Polypharmacy. 2014;53(5):349-353.
- Susan U. Wager Resident Teacher Award, 2007 2000 Patient Visits Award, 2004 - 2007
- Harvard Scholarship, Fundación Educación Superior, 1999 Colfuturo Scholarship, 1999
Areas of Expertise
- Medical education
- Cognitive impairment and dementia
- Complementary and Integrative Medicine (CIM)
- Agency: NIH: Florida Registry for Aging Studies
Project Period: Fall 2020 -In progress
- Agency: Wertheim Endowed Innovation Fund: Piloting diet and exercise interventions in older Hispanics with diabetes
Project Period: Spring 2018 - In progress