Annellys Hernandez, MD, MS
Division: Internal Medicine
Annellys Hernandez, MD, MS, serves as a hospital attending physician on the HWCOM teaching medical service at Jackson Memorial Hospital for the Internal Medicine Clerkship and hospitalist elective. Her other responsibilities include serving on the Jackson Health System Credentialing Committee, hospital quality improvement initiatives, and medical student mentorship.
Education and Training
Family Medicine Residency (Chief Medical Resident), Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL
MD, University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, Tampa, FL
MS, Biomedical Sciences, Barry University, Miami Shores, FL
BS, Biology, Honors College, Florida International University, Miami, FL
- Finalist, Excellence in Clinical Teaching Award in Internal Medicine, FIU HWCOM, 2020
- Care Badge in Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Expertise, Jackson Health System, 2020
- GE-NMF Primary Care Leadership Program Appreciation for outstanding contributions and commitment to the health care needs of medically underserved communities, 2015
- Florida Academy of Family Medicine Exceptional Resident Scholar, 2013
- Mayo Clinic Resident Educator of the Year, 2013
- Hanley M, Cruz B, Hernandez A. Unsuspected Toxoplasmosis Uncovered Following Traumatic MVA; Clin Case Rep 10 (2020): 1374. doi: 10.3742/jccr.2020.10.1374
- Ales E, Kapoor S, Hernandez A. Vaping-Associated Lung Injury: A Confounded Diagnosis; Florida Medical Student Research Journal; 2020 Apr;1(5):42-45
- Charles J, Hernandez A. (2015) Medical Care of the Surgical Patient in Taylors Principles of Family Medicine; Springer International Publishing.