Office: AHC5 456-458
Asmi Chakraborty joined the Dimitroff laboratory in 2019 as a postdoctoral associate. Her research is focused on identifying the role of GCNT2, a novel emerging melanoma biomarker, in disease progression. Prior to HWCOM, Chakraborty worked in the Bellis lab at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, and in a cancer diagnostic lab at Tata Memorial Centre Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer in India.
PhD., Cancer Biology, University of Alabama
M.S., Biotechnology, D.Y. Patil University, Mumbai, India
- Asmi Chakraborty, Caleb Staudinger, Sandra L. King, Frances Clemente Erickson, Lee Seng Lau, Angela Bernasconi, Francis W. Luscinskas, Chad Perlyn, and Charles J. Dimitroff, Galectin-9 bridges human B cells to vascular endothelium while programming regulatory pathways,Autoimmun 2020
- Colleen M. Britain, Asmi Chakraborty, Nikita Bhalerao, Donald J. Buchsbaum and Susan L. Bellis Glycosyltransferase ST6Gal-I promotes the epithelial to mesenchymal transition in pancreatic cancer cells. J Biol. Chem. 2020; accepted
- Asmi Chakraborty and Charles J. Dimitroff; Cancer immunotherapy needs to learn to ‘stick’ to its guns. J Clin Invest : 2019; PMCID: PMC6877297.
- Katie L. Alexander, Carolina A. Serrano, Asmi Chakraborty, Marie Nearing, Ping Zheng, Leona N. Council, Susan L. Bellis, Lesley E. Smythies and Phillip D. Smith; Tumor Organoid-derived Epithelium Implicates ST6Gal-I Overexpression in the Dysregulation of Apoptosis in Gastric Cancer. Exp. Med; 2019; submitted.
- Asmi Chakraborty, Kaitlyn A. Dorsett, Hoa Q. Trummell, Eddy Yang, Patsy G. Oliver, James A. Bonner, Donald J. Buchsbaum and Susan L. Bellis; ST6Gal-I Sialyltransferase promotes chemoresistance by abrogating gemcitabine-mediated DNA damage. Biol. Chem; 2017, PMID: 29191829
Active Grants:Agency: HWCOM Pilot Grant: Deciphering hypoxia dependent glycome alterations in Melanoma
Position: Principal Investigator
Project Period: March 2020 - March 2021