Matthew D. Hall, M.D., MBA
Associate Clinical Professor
Practice Location: Miami Cancer Institute Baptist Hospital of Miami, 8900 N. Kendall Drive Miami, FL 33176
Matthew D. Hall, MD, MBA is the lead pediatric radiation oncologist and director of the Live Like Bella® pediatric radiation oncology program at Miami Cancer Institute. He is also the Radiation Oncology Residency Program Director at HWCOM. In this role, Dr. Hall proctors medical students on clinical rotation and supervises medical students on research projects. He has extensive training and experience in the two forms of radiation therapy: standard photon therapy and proton therapy. His clinical specialty and research focus on innovative ways to treat cancer with radiation therapy while minimizing long-term side effects.
Fellowship, Adult Radiation Oncology, University of Florida Health Proton Therapy Institute, Jacksonville, FL
Fellowship, Pediatric Radiation OncologyUniversity of Florida Health Proton Therapy Institute, Jacksonville, FL
Residency, Radiation Oncology, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA
MD, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Peoria, IL
MBA, Management, University of Illinois Liautaud Graduate School of Business, Chicago, IL
BS, Economics, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
BA, International Studies, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Pediatric Radiation Oncology
- Brain Tumors
- Lymphoma Late Effects of Cancer Therapy and Survivorship
- Dose Response Modeling
- Hall MD, Terezakis SA, Lucas JT Jr, Gallop-Evans E, Dieckmann K, Constine LS, Hodgson D, Flerlage JE, Metzger ML, Hoppe BS. Radiotherapy across pediatric Hodgkin lymphoma research group protocols: a report from the Staging, Evaluation, and Response Criteria Harmonization (SEARCH) for childhood, adolescent, and young adult Hodgkin lymphoma (CAYAHL) Group. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2021:S0360-3016(21)02629-8. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2021.07.1716.
- Kotecha M, Hall MD. Impact of Radiotherapy Dosimetric Parameters on Neurocognitive Function in Brain Tumor Patients. NeuroOncol, 2020;noaa208. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/neuonc/noaa208.
- Hall MD, Bradley JA, Rotondo RL, Hanel R, Shah C, Morris CG, Aldana PR, and Indelicato DJ. Risk of Radiation Vasculopathy and Stroke in Pediatric Patients Treated with Proton Therapy for Brain and Skull Base Tumors. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2018;101(4):854-859. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2018.03.027
- Hall MD, Schultheiss TE, Smith DD, Nguyen KH, and Wong JYC. Dose response for radiation cataractogenesis: a meta-regression of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation regimens. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2015; 91(1):22-29. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2014.07.049.
- Hall MD, McGee JL, McGee MC, et al. Cost-effectiveness of stereotactic radiosurgery with and without whole-brain radiotherapy for the treatment of newly diagnosed brain metastases. J Neurosurg (Suppl 2) 2014; 121:84-90. doi: https://doi.org/10.3171/2014.7.GKS14972.
Live Like Bella Pediatric Cancer Research Initiative -- Florida Department of Health: Prospective observational trial of the impact of radiation dose on brain morphology, volumetric changes, endocrine function, and neurocognitive function following cranial radiation therapy in children with brain and skull base tumors. Miami Cancer Institute/Baptist Health South Florida. Principal Investigator.
COG ACCL2031 A Phase 3 Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial Evaluating Memantine (IND# 149832) for Neurocognitive Protection in Children Undergoing Cranial Radiotherapy as Part of Treatment for Primary Central Nervous System Tumors. Radiation Oncology Study Committee Member.
COG ACNS2021 A Phase 2 Trial of Chemotherapy followed by Response-Based Whole Ventricular & Spinal Canal Irradiation (WVSCI) for Patients with Localized Non-Germinomatous Central Nervous System Germ Cell Tumor. Radiation Oncology Study Committee Member.
PENTEC (Pediatric Normal Tissue Effects in the Clinic): Late Gastrointestinal and Hepatic Effects Organ System Paper. Co-Lead Investigator.