Ning, Autumn, MD
Office: AHC1 - 348
Dr. Ning is board certified in Psychiatry and Neurology, and has been affiliated with Florida International University (FIU) Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) in varying capacities since 2011. She began her career at Temple University School of Medicine, as Assistant Training Director in The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, as well as Medical Director of Philadelphia’s busiest Crisis Response Center. Dr. Ning worked on a monthly basis with Philadelphia County's Department of Behavioral Health to improve gateway services to the underserved of Philadelphia, and with medical directors of the remaining Crisis facilities to streamline and manage the treatment of specific chronically mentally ill patients.
On relocation to Miami, Dr. Ning took a position at Oliver-Pyatt Centers, a private, residential treatment facility for women with eating disorders, and opened her own psychotherapy practice and started working with FIU HWCOM. Currently, she teaches in the Clinical Skills, and Nervous System and Behavior Courses, as well during the clerkship. She is enrolled as an analytic candidate at the Florida Psychoanalytic Institute, and she continues to donate her time to provide supervision to local psychiatry residents, as well as, therapists enrolled in psychotherapy training at the China American Psychoanalytic Alliance. Dr. Ning will co-chair the 2016 national meeting of the American Academy of Psychoanalysis and Dynamic Psychiatry, where she currently serves on the Membership Committee. She continues to be interested in the process of teaching and learning as it relates to medical education, psychotherapy, and human development.
Education and Training:
- Psychoanalytic Training, Florida Psychoanalytic Institute, Miami, Florida (currently)
- Residency, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Medical School, St. George's University School of Medicine, Grenada, West Indies
- College, Haverford College, Haverford, Pennsylvania
- Barron, D. A., Dubin, W. R., & Ning, A. (2009). Other Psychiatric Emergencies. Kaplan and Sadock's Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry,9th, 2732-2745.
- Dubin, W. R., & Ning, A. (2008). Violence Toward Mental Health Professional. In SimonRI, Tardiff K, eds. Textbook of Violence Assessment and Management(pp. 461-481). Arlington: American Psychiatric Publishing.
- Ladavac, A., Dubin, W. R., Ning, A., & Stuckeman, P. (2007). Emergency Management of Agitation in Pregnancy. Gen Hosp Psychiatry,39-41.
- Ning, A. (2008). Health Policy and Economics. In Baron DA, Sholevar E, eds. Psychiatry and Behavioral Science An Introduction with Board Review for Medical Students(pp. 282-300). Philadelphia: Temple University Press.
- Ning, A., Gottlieb, D., & Lamdan, R. M. (2009). The Chief Resident for Education: Description of a Novel Academic Teaching Position. Academic Psychiatry,33(2), 163-165. doi:10.1176/appi.ap.33.2.163