Leonard M. Gralnik, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor; Chief of Education; Clerkship Director; Senior Medical Director
Psychiatry and Behavioral Health
Office: AHC1 349A
Leonard Gralnik, MD, PhD, is board-certified in psychiatry and child and adolescent psychiatry and served as chief fellow in child and adolescent psychiatry. Dr. Gralnik is the director of the psychiatry clerkship, senior medical director of the FIU Health Faculty Group Practice, and chief of education for the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health.
He was the medical director of the Nova Southeastern University Community Mental Health Center and later served as the medical director of the Student Counseling Center at Nova Southeastern University. Dr. Gralnik served as vice-chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at Broward Health Medical Center. He is a Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association.
- Fellowship, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
- Residency, General Psychiatry, University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
- Internship, Internal Medicine, East Tennessee State University Quillen-Dishner College of Medicine
- MD, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL
- PhD, Physiology and Biophysics, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL
- BA, Chemistry, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL
- Award for Outstanding Educator, 2020-2021, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Miami, FL-2021.
- Teaching Award for Outstanding Educational Achievement, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Miami, FL - 2018.
- Excellence in Medical Student Teaching Award, Periods 3 and 4, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Miami, FL - 2017.
- Faculty Inductee into the Herbert Wertheim Chapter of the Gold Humanism Honors Society, recognizing faculty who exemplify excellence in clinical care, ethical leadership, compassion, and dedication to service - 2016.
- Bonnin, R., Gralnik, L.M., Rothe, E. et al. Overcoming Stigma: A Novel Curriculum for Teaching Medical Students about Suicide. Acad Psychiatry (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40596-021-01485-0
- Vaclavik, D. Bechor,M. Foster, A, Gralnik, L.M., Bar-Haim, Y., Pine, D.S., Bikson, M., Silverman, W.K., Reeb-Sutherland, B.C., and Pettit, J.W. Case Series of Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation as an Augmentation Strategy for Attention Bias Modification Treatment in Adolescents with Anxiety Disorders. Clinical Psychology and Special Education (2020). Vol. 9, no. 3, 105-126.
- Castellanos, D., & Gralnik, L. M. (2016). Synthetic cannabinoids 2015: An update for pediatricians in clinical practice. World Journal of Clinical Pediatrics,5(1), 16. doi:10.5409/wjcp.v5.i1.16
- Flemons, D., & Gralnik, L. M. (2015). Relational Suicide Assessment: Risks, Resources, and Possibilities for Safety. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy,129-130.
- Castellanos, D., & Gralnik, L. M. (2014). Medical Student Suicide: Assessment and Prevention. The Journal of the American Academy of Psychoanalysis and Dynamic Psychiatry,58(2), 17-19.