Castro, Grettel, MPH
Research Analyst II
Office: AHC2 195
Division: Medical and Population Health Sciences Research
Grettel Castro joined the FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine in 2009 as a research analyst.
As a research analyst, she conducts study randomization and sampling techniques, participates in the development of study protocols, creates and manages large databases, and designs and conducts complex statistical analysis using advanced statistical and spatial analysis software. Prior to joining Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Grettel Castro graduated from the Robert Stempel School of Public Health as a Master of Public Health with a specialization in Biostatistics.
Master of Public Health (Biostatistics), Florida International University, USA (2009)
- Morales, J., Malles, A., Kimble, M., Vega, P. R. D. L., Castro, G., Nieder, A. M., & Barengo, N. C. (2019). Does Health Insurance Modify the Association Between Race and Cancer-Specific Survival in Patients with Urinary Bladder Malignancy in the U.S.? International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 16(18), 3393. doi: 10.3390/ijerph16183393
- Levitt, E., Ainuz, B., Pourmoussa, A., Acuna, J., Rosa, M. D. L., Zevallos, J., Sanchez, M. (2019). Pre- and Post-Immigration Correlates of Alcohol Misuse among Young Adult Recent Latino Immigrants: An Ecodevelopmental Approach. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 16(22), 4391. doi: 10.3390/ijerph16224391
- Maas, J. A., Monreal, A. J., Diaz, E. L., Castro, G., Vega, P. R. D. L., & Varella, M. (2020). Marital Status and Survival in Patients Diagnosed with Melanoma. Dermatology Research and Practice, 2020, 1–8. doi: 10.1155/2020/2485401
- Shoua-Desmarais, N., Harscher, H. V., Rivera, M., Felix, T., Havas, N., Rodriguez, P., Zwingli, E. (2020). First Year Burnout and Coping in One US Medical School. Academic Psychiatry. doi: 10.1007/s40596-020-01198-w
- Martinez-Harvella G., Goluboff F., Rodriguez P., Castro G., Barengo N. (2020). Predictors of adherence to physical activity guidelines in patients with diabetes mellitus in the US in 2017: An exploratory analysis. doi.org/10.1016/j.pcd.2020.05.001