Dinesh Devadoss, Ph.D., is a postdoctoral research associate in the Lakshmana Lab. He is investigating the functional characterization of innate immune responses with novel long noncoding RNA and the biology of airway epithelial cells with respect to the pathogenesis of allergic asthma, bronchiolitis, and COPD. He is also studying the pathophysiology of latent HIV-1 infection and the harmful interaction with tobacco products resulting in HIV-associated lung and CNS diseases. In addition, he is involved in delineating the role of epithelial cell death and extrusion in chronic airway diseases and the role of noncoding RNAs in aging-associated lung and brain diseases, like COPD and Alzheimer’s.
His prior work at the Institute of Molecular Cardiology at the University of Louisville included the study of cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying cardioprotection afforded by gene therapy and myocardial regeneration using cardiac stem cell therapy. At the Department of Surgery at the University of North Dakota, he studied FAK-AKT interactions upon extracellular pressure-stimulated cancer cell adhesion and proliferation.
- Long noncoding RNAs in Chronic Diseases
- Role of HIV-1 Infection and Substance Abuse in Lung Pathophysiology
- Cell survival pathways in Inflammatory Diseases
- Noncoding RNAs in the Aging-associated Diseases
Ph.D. from University of Madras, Chennai, India
Master of Science (Zoology), University of Madras, Chennai, India
Bachelor of Science (Zoology), Jamal Mohamed College, Trichy, India.
- Manevski M, Muthumalage T, Devadoss D, Sundar IK, Wang Q, Singh KP, Unwalla HJ, Chand HS, Rahman I. “Cellular stress responses and dysfunctional Mitochondrial–cellular senescence, and therapeutics in chronic respiratory diseases”. Redox Biology. 2020 Jan (In Press). doi.org/10.1016/j.redox.2020.101443.
- Zhou Y, Liyanage PY, Devadoss D, Rios Guevara LR, Cheng L, Graham RM, Chand HS, Al-Youbi AO, Bashammakh AS, El-Shahawi MS, Leblanc RM. “ontoxic amphiphilic carbon dots as promising drug nanocarriers across the blood-brain barrier and inhibitors of β-amyloid”. Nanoscale. 2019 Nov 28;11(46):22387-22397. doi: 10.1039/c9nr08194a. PMID: 31730144
- Devadoss D, Long C, Langley RJ, Manevski M, Nair M, Campos MA, Borchert G, Rahman I, Chand HS. “Long Noncoding Transcriptome in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease”. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2019 Dec;61(6):678-688. doi: 10.1165/rcmb.2019-0184TR. PMID: 31486667.
View the full list of Dr. Devadoss's publications.