Arti Vashist, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor, in the Department of Immunology & Nanomedicine. Her research focuses on the use of nanotechnology in drug delivery systems. Vashist recently received a Young Investigator Pilot Award from the National Cancer Institute’s AIDS and Cancer Specimen Resource to continue her work on developing a nanogel-based anti-HIV drug regimen. She is also pursuing nanotechnology-based therapeutics for ovarian cancer.
Ph.D., Chemistry, Jamia Millia Islamia & All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
MSc Chemistry, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India
BSc (Phys, Chem, Math), Delhi University, New Delhi, India
Vashist has more than ten years of research experience in the synthesis, characterization, and biological application of nanoparticles and micro/ nano gels as site-specific drug delivery systems. Her work has focused on utilizing nanogels for delivering anti-viral drugs across physiological barriers and also utilizing them as prophylactics for infectious diseases.
- Arti Vashist, Ajeet Kaushik, Madhavan Nair N. Micro/nano magnetic hydrogels with autofluorescence for therapeutic and diagnostic applications. US Patent 10, 344,100; 2019.
- Madhavan Nair, Andrea Raymond, Arti Vashist, BIOTHERAPY FOR VIRAL INFECTIONS USING BIOPOLYMER BASED MICRO/NANOGELS. US Patent App. 16/432,320; 2020.
- Madhavan Nair, Andrea Raymond, Arti Vashist, BIOTHERAPY FOR VIRAL INFECTIONS USING BIOPOLYMER BASED MICRO/nanogels. International patent application publication no. WO 2020/247730.
- Arti Vashist, Ajeet Kaushik, Atul Vashist, Vidya Sagar, Anujit Ghosal, Y.K. Gupta, Sharif Ahmad, Madhavan Nair. Advances in Carbon Nanotubes–Hydrogel Hybrids in Nanomedicine for Therapeutics Advanced Healthcare Materials (2018), 7 (9), e1701213. PMID: 29388356
- Arti Vashist, Ajeet Kaushik, Anujit Ghosal, Jyoti Bala, Roozbeh Nikkhah-Moshaie, Waseem A Wani, Pandiaraj Manickam, and Madhavan Nair. "Nanocomposite Hydrogels: Advances in Nanofillers Used for Nanomedicine. Gels (2018), 4(3), 75. PMID: 30674851
- Arti Vashist, Anujit Ghosal, Atul Vashist, Ajeet Kaushik, Y. K. Gupta, Madhavan Nair, and Sharif Ahmad. "Impact of Nanoclay on the pH-Responsiveness and Biodegradable Behavior of Biopolymer-Based Nanocomposite Hydrogels. Gels (2019) 5, (4), 44. PMID: 31623182
- Arti Vashist, Venkata Atluri, Andrea Raymond, Ajeet Kaushik, Tiyash Parira, Zaohua Huang, Andriy Durygin, Asahi Tomitaka, Roozbeh Nikkhah-Moshaie, Atul Vashist, Marisela Agudelo, Hitendra S Chand, Ilyas Saytashev, Jessica C Ramella-Roman, Madhavan Nair 2020. Development of Multifunctional Biopolymeric Auto-Fluorescent Micro-and Nanogels as a Platform for Biomedical Applications. Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology, 8, p.315. PMID:32426338
- Nagesh Kolishetti, Arti Vashist, Adriana Yndart Arias, Venkata Atluri, Shanta Dhar, and Madhavan Nair. "Recent advances, status, and opportunities of magneto-electric nanocarriers for biomedical applications." Molecular Aspects of Medicine (2021): 101046.
1) 11094 Arti Vashist (PI) FIU Foundation 03/01/2020-01/8/2022
Nanotechnology-based eradication of Ovarian Cancer: The proposed research will aim to develop biocompatible multi-functional nanotechnology-based systems for ovarian cancer theranostics/span>
2) R01DA052271 Madhavan Nair M (PI) NIDA 07/01/2020-05/31/2025
Targeting Inflammasome with stable endocannabinoid ligand AMG315: CRISPR/Cas9 and nanotechnology study in the context of HIV and cannabinoid: This proposed research will elucidate the use of CRISPR technology targeting HIV-1 Tat and AMG315 (a novel stable endocannabinoid ligand) in inhibiting HIV infection and associated inflammasome-mediated neuroinflammation in HIV-infected cannabinoid abusers.