Maryse Anne Pedoussaut
Office: AHC2 554C
Maryse Pedoussaut, MD, is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Family and Community Medicine in the Department of Humanities, Health, and Society. She graduated from and completed a General Medicine Residency at Paul Sabatier University of Medicine in Toulouse, France. After relocation to the United States, Dr. Pedoussaut completed a second residency in Family Medicine at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine/Jackson Memorial Hospital in 2001. After residency, she worked as a Family Medicine physician at the Miami Beach Community Health Center and North Dade Health Center (Jackson Health System) from 2001-2011. A board-certified Family Physician and certified in Functional Medicine, Dr. Pedoussaut joined Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine in December 2011 as a clinician in the Department of Medicine. In that role, she cared for patients at the FIU Health practice at Jackson North Medical Center (Jackson Health System). In January 2014, Dr. Pedoussaut transferred to the Department of Humanities, Health, and Society where she teaches medical students at all levels, concentrating on clinical skills (with special emphasis on motivational interviewing), problem-based learning, and case-based learning. Dr. Pedoussaut is the Course Director for the Humanism section (stress management and mindfulness) of the Humanism and Medical Jurisprudence course and the Administrator for the Community engaged Physician course series. She participates in the Green Family Foundation Neighborhood Health Education Learning Program (NeighborhoodHELP) household visits with medical, nursing, physician assistant, and social work students in underserved communities throughout Miami-Dade County. Dr. Pedoussaut also provides clinical care to NeighborhoodHELP household members at the Mobile Health Center, where she established and leads holistic, integrative, and personalized pre-diabetic/diabetics group visits. Dr. Pedoussaut is one of the faculty advisors for MedSWISH (Medical Students Working to Improve Society and Health) and the faculty advisor for AMSA (American Medical Student Association).
- Pedoussaut M, Delzell J, Minor S. Pelvic Relaxation. In: Domino, Frank J., Robert A. Baldor, Jeremy Golding, and Jill A. Grimes. The 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2018. 24th edition. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Martinez IL, Ilangovan K, Whisenant EB, Pedoussaut M, Lage OG. Breast health disparities: a primer for medical students. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2016;12:10471.http://dx.doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10471
- Brogan Hartlieb K, Engle B, Obeso V, Pedoussaut MA, Merlo LJ, Brown DR. Advanced patient-centered communication for health behavior change: motivational interviewing workshops for medical learners. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2016;12:10455. http://dx.doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10455
- Pedoussaut M, Delzell J, Minor S. Pelvic Relaxation. In: Domino, Frank J., Robert A. Baldor, Jeremy Golding, and Jill A. Grimes. The 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2015. 23rd edition. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2014
- Pedoussaut, MA (2018). Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Incorporation of CAMP in Pre-Diabetes and Diabetes Group Visit. Presented at the 4th World Congress on Nursing and Healthcare, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Anderson, FW, Pedoussaut, MA, Bisschops, JC, Carleton, L, Martinez-Harvell, G, Trangle, J, … McCauley, A. (December 2017). Service Learning in Miami Lakes: Partnering with the Community to Address Local Health Concerns. Presented at the University of Miami Department of Community Health Leadership Conference. Miami, Florida
- Pedoussaut, MA, Gonzalez, J, McCauley, A, Anderson, F, Brogan Hartlieb, K, Brown, DR (2017). Motivational Interviewing Mixer: Peer Practice for Medical Students. Presented at the International Conference on Motivational Interviewing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Brown, DR, Engle, B, Hartlieb, KB, Pedoussaut, MA, Mccauley, A. (2017). Integrating MI across the Medical School Curriculum for Student and Faculty Learners. Presented at the International Conference on Motivational Interviewing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Engle, B, Brown, DR, Obeso, VT, Pedoussaut, MA (2014). A Motivational Interviewing Curriculum Study in a Medical School: Five Years of Challenges, Strategies and Questioning Competencies. Presented at the International Conference on Motivational Interviewing, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Areas of Interest
- Health Care for Underserved Populations
- Motivational Interviewing
- Complementary Alternative Medicine: Body-Mind-Spirit Medicine (Mindfulness/Meditation), Functional Medicine, Homeopathy, Acupuncture, and Ayurvedic Medicine)