Julia C. Bisschops, MD, MSc
Humanities, Health, and Society
Office: AHC2 584
Specialty: Family Medicine
Languages Spoken: English, German, Dutch
Practice Location: FIU Health Modesto Maidique, 800 SW 108th Avenue, Suite 100 Miami, FL 33174. 305-348-3627
Julia C. Bisschops, MD, is the lead physician for the Linda Fenner 3D Mobile Mammography Center. She oversees screening mammograms and breast health navigation for the mobile unit, which provides free mammograms for uninsured women in Miami-Dade County. Dr. Bisschops also teaches medical students at all levels and is a faculty advisor for the FIU Medical Students Working to Improve Society and Health organization.
In collaboration with the University of Michigan, she is the principal investigator in a research project sponsored by the American Medical Association’s Accelerating Change in Medical Education to evaluate the effectiveness of the History & Physical 360 tool. She also sees patients at the FIU Health Faculty Group Practice on FIU’s main campus.
MD, St. George’s University School of Medicine, Grenada, West Indies
Family Medicine Residency, Memorial Hospital, South Bend, Indiana
MSc, Biomedical Sciences and Environmental Health from Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Areas of Interests
- Health Care for Underserved Populations
- Medical Education
- Global Health
- Environmental Health
- Medical Science Educator https://doi.org/10.1007/s40670-021-01342-7 SHORT COMMUNICATION Improving Nutrition Education with Second Year Medical Students: From Take Home Assignment to Large Group Application Exercise Julia Bisschops1 Sabyasachi Moulik2 · Gregory W. Schneider1 Accepted: 24 May 2021 © International Association of Medical Science Educators 2021 Dorcius DP*, Levitt EB*, McCauley A, Levine J, Carleton L, Martinez-Harvell G, Pedoussaut M, Bisschops J, Wells A, Anderson FW. Performance of a student-run, community outreach program at reaching at-risk populations in Miami-Dade County. Florida Medical Student Research Journal. 2019; 4(1): 20-26
- Bisschops, Julia (2018). Doctor in the Family or Family Doctor? Narrative Inquiry in Bioethics 8 (1):E7-E10.
- Dixon, J. Bryan. Muscular Injuries in the Posterior Leg. New York: Springer. 2016
- Anatomy of the Leg: Chapter 1: Bisschops, Julia C., MD MSc (et al.)
- Susan W. P. Wijnhoven; Willie J. G. M. Peijnenburg; Carla A. Herberts; Werner I. Hagens; Agnes G. Oomen; Evelyn H. W. Heugens; Boris Roszek; Julia Bisschops; Ilse Gosens; Dik Van De Meent; Susan Dekkers; Wim H. De Jong; Maaike van Zijverden; Adriënne J. A. M. Sips; Robert E. Geertsma Nano-silver – a review of available data and knowledge gaps in human and environmental risk assessment. Nanotoxicology, Volume 3 Issue 2 2009. Pages 109 –138
Using the AMA H&P 360 to Augment History-Taking Skills and Chronic Disease Management in a Community Setting
Agency: American Medical Association