Zec, Tamara, MD
Title: Assistant Professor
Office: AHC1 346
Specialty: Adult Psychiatry
Languages Spoken: English, Serbian
Education: MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin
Practice Location: FIU Health ACC
Department(s): Psychiatry and Behavioral Health
Dr Tamara Zec is a board certified adult psychiatrist currently serving as an Assistant Professor of psychiatry at the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine at Florida International University. Dr Zec completed her undergraduate and medical education at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and her adult psychiatry residency at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. In addition, she has received advanced training in the areas of psychoanalytic psychotherapy/psychoanalysis.
Dr Zec teaches and advises medical students at FIU HWCOM. Her areas of interest include psychoanalysis, psychodynamic approaches to psychotherapy and psychopharmacology, cross cultural psychiatry and medical education and training.
Education and Training
- Psychoanalytic training: Florida Psychoanalytic Foundation, Society and Institute, Coral Gables, FL (current)
- Psychoanalytic psychotherapy training: Minnesota Psychoanalytic Society and Institute, Minneapolis, MN
- Residency, Psychiatry, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
- MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin
- BS, Neurobiology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin