Title: Associate Professor
Office: AHC2 461
Department(s): Cellular Biology and Pharmacology
Dr. Sabyasachi Moulik joined FIU's Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) in May 2013 as Associate Professor in the Department of Cellular Biology & Pharmacology. He is primarily involved in teaching physiology and pathophysiology in the first three years of the MD curriculum.
Dr Moulik received his MSc in Biophysics from India, before coming to USA to earn a MS and a PhD in Biomedical Sciences from East Tennessee State University. He continued his post-doctoral studies at the Diabetes Research Unit of University of Manitoba, Canada. His research interest is in the area of endocrinology and medical education.
Dr. Moulik has many years of teaching experience in the area of physiology and pathophysiology. He has taught extensively at medical schools in India and the Caribbean, and also taught several undergraduate courses at University of Manitoba and University of Prince Edward Island in Canada. Dr. Moulik was Chair of Premedical Department at Medical University of the Americas, Nevis, West Indies, where he received the Outstanding Professor Award- in Recognition of Superior Teaching and Commitment to Quality Medical Education.
He is a member of Sigma Xi, Scientific Research Society; the American Society for Cell Biology; and the American Physiological Society.
- Nguyen, K.H.,Yao, X.H., Moulik, S., Mishra, S. and Nyomba, G. (2011). Human IGF Binding Protein-3 Overexpression Impairs Glucose Regulation in Mice Via an Inhibition of Insulin Secretion. Endocrinology. 152(6):2184-2196.
- Ande S., Moulik, S. and Mishra, S. (2009). Interaction between O-GlcNAc modification and tyrosine phosphorylation of prohibitin: Implication for a novel binary switch. PLoS ONE. 4(2): e4586.
- Mishra, S.*, Moulik, S.* and Murphy, L.J. (2007). Prohibitin binds to C3 and enhances complement activation. Mol. Immunol. 44(8): 1897-1902 (*equal contributers)
- Vessal, M., Mishra, S., Moulik, S. and Murphy, L.J. (2006). Prohibitin attenuates insulin-stimulated glucose and fatty acid oxidation in adipose tissue by inhibition of pyruvate carboxylase. FEBS J. 273 (3): 568-576.
- Moulik, S., Speth, R.C., Turner, B.B. and Rowe B.P. (2002). Angiotensin II receptor subtype distribution in the rabbit brain. Exp. Brain Res.,142 (2): 275-283.
- Moulik, S., Speth, R.C. and Rowe, B.P. (2000). Differential loss in function of angiotensin II receptor subtypes during tissue storage. Life Sci.,66 (16): 233-237.