Bonnin, Rodolfo, PhD
Title: Director of Assessment, Assistant Professor
Office: AHC2 491
Department(s): Office of Medical Education, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Health
Dr Bonnin is currently involved in the development, implementation, and evaluation of all assessment-related activities for the College of Medicine and the new Physician Assistant program. He serves as the Chair of both the Program Evaluation and Promotions Committees for the West Kendall Baptist Family Medicine Residency. He joined the Office of Medical Education in July 2008. He received his PhD in Counseling Psychology from the University of Missouri in 2000. That same year, he joined an organizational development consulting firm working with numerous Fortune 100 corporations, the government, and hospitals needing quality improvement assistance. After leaving the private sector, he worked in the specialties of community health in the role of the organization's compliance, assessment, and quality improvement. Additionally, Dr Bonnin serves as a faculty member for Professional Behaviors course within the College of Medicine and an adjunct professor for the department of Psychology. He also currently continues his practice as an executive and personal coach.
Education and Training
- PhD Counseling Psychology, University of Missouri, Kansas City, MI
Dissertation: The relationship between acculturation, family adaptability, family cohesion and purpose in life.
- BS Management and Organizational Behavior, University of La Verne, La Verne, CA
- Bonnin, R, Rothe, E, Viamonte-Ros, A. Herrera-Pino, J., Castellanos, D. Using Emotional Intelligence to Develop Entrustable Professional Activities Early in the Professionalism Curriculum. Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine. In process.
- Bonnin, R, Brown C. The Cuban Diaspora: A comparative analysis of the searching for meaning among recent Cuban exiles and Cuban-Americans. Hispanic J Behav Sci. 2002; 24(4):465.
- Gralnik L, Bonnin R, Hernandez S.Exploring Factors that Encourage the Increase in Medical Students Choosing Psychiatry as a Career. Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine ADMSEP Annual Meeting 2016.
- Bonnin R, Castellanos D, Mora J. Utilizing Emotional intelligence to Develop Entrustable Professional Activities. Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, SGEA Annual Meeting 2016.
- Bonnin, R, Rothe, E, Viamonte-Ros, A. Using Emotional Intelligence to Develop Entrustable Professional Activities Early in the Professionalism Curriculum. Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine. AAMC Annual Meeting 2015.
- Bichachi A, Lupi C, Bonnin R, and Moulik, S. Renal Pursuit Game: Student Reactions to a New Active Learning Tool. Herbert Wertheim Coll. of Med., and Mt. Sinai Med. Ctr., Miami, Florida. Best Practices in Physiology. American Physiological Society Conference 2014.
- Gralnik L, Bonnin R, and Esposito K. An Innovative, Integrated Curriculum in Psychiatry and Behavioral Health at a New Medical School. Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine. AAMC Annual Meeting 2014.