Title: Postdoctoral Associate
Office: AHC-1, 320A
Specialty: Center of Personalized nanomedicine Institute for Neuroimmune Pharmacology
Department(s): Immunology and Nano-Medicine
Dr. Purnima Gupta is a Postdoctoral Associate in the Department of Immunology and Nanomedicine at the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Florida International University. She received her Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Technology from Bombay College of Pharmacy, University of Mumbai, India. Her research interest lies in the area of Nano-medicine and nanocarriers for drug delivery.
- Nanotechnology and Nano-medicine
- Non-invasive & magnetically guided nanocarrier delivery across blood-brain barrier
- Design and development of novel nanoparticles and liposomal based drug delivery systems
- Bachelor’s in Pharmaceutical Sciences: Mumbai Educational Trust Institute of Pharmacy affiliated to University of Mumbai, 2002-2006.
- Master’s in Pharmacy (Specialization in Pharmacology Toxicology and Therapeutics): Bombay College of Pharmacy affiliated to University of Mumbai, 2007-2010.
- Doctoral in Technology (Ph.D., Specialization in Pharmaceutics): Bombay College of Pharmacy affiliated to University of Mumbai, 2012-2017.
Awards & Fellowships
- Early Career Investigator Travel Award in 25th Scientific Conference of the Society on Neuroimmune Pharmacology, Portland, USA, 2019.
- Invited oral presentation at NIDA and NIAAA Genetics and Epigenetics Research Meeting, NIDA Headquarters, Washington, USA, 2019.
- Early Career Investigator Award in Personalized Nanomedicine, 5th Annual Society of Personalized Nano-Medicine Symposium, Miami, USA, 2018.
- International Travel Award - Department of Biotechnology, Conference, Travel, Exhibition and Popular Lectures (DBT-CTEP), India, 2015.
- International Travel Award-Center for International Co-operation in Sciences (CICS), India, 2015.
- K.G. Nair Award in South Asian Chapter of American College of Clinical Pharmacology, 8th International Annual conference "Translational Clinical Pharmacology Research in Drug Development", Mumbai, India, 2015.
- Indian Council of Medical research (ICMR) - Senior Research Fellowship, 2012-2015.
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) - Junior Research Fellowship, 2007-2009.
- Sir Ratan Tata Trust Fellowship - Undergraduate in 2005.
- R.D. Tata Trust Fellowship - Undergraduate in 2004.
- Senior Medical Writer in Medical Writing Department at Sudler & Hennessey, Mumbai, India, 2016.
- Drug Safety Associate in Pharmacovigilance Department for Roche at Tata Consultancy Services, Mumbai, India 2011-2012.
- Research Associate in Analytical Department (R&D Department) at Rubicon Research Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai, India, 2009-2011.
- Research & Development officer in Formulation Department (R&D Department) at Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai, India, 2006-2007.
- Kaushik A, Yndart A, Atluri V, Tiwari S, Tomitaka A, Gupta P, Jayant RD, Alvarez-Carbonell D, Khalili K, Nair M. Magnetically guided non-invasive CRISPR-Cas9/gRNA delivery across blood-brain barrier to eradicate latent HIV-1 infection. Scientific reports. 2019; 9(1):3928.
- Gupta P, Garcia E, Sarkar A, Kapoor S, Rafiq K, Chand HS, Jayant RD. Nanoparticle based treatment for cardiovascular diseases. Cardiovascular & Haematological Disorders-Drug Targets. 2019;19(1):33-44.
- Gupta PV, Nirwane AM, Nagarsenker MS. Inhalable Levofloxacin Liposomes Complemented with Lysozyme for Treatment of Pulmonary Infection in Rats: Effective Antimicrobial and Antibiofilm Strategy. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2018;1-4.
- Gupta PV, Nirwane AM, Belubbi T, Nagarsenker MS. Pulmonary delivery of synergistic combination of fluoroquinolone antibiotic complemented with proteolytic enzyme: A novel antimicrobial and antibiofilm strategy. Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine. 2017;13(7):2371-84.
- Nirwane AM, Gupta PV, Shet JH, Patil SB. Anxiolytic and nootropic activity of Vetiveria zizanioides roots in mice. Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine. 2015;6(3):158.
- Gupta PV and Nagarsenker MS. Antimicrobial and Antibiofilm Activity of a Fluoroquinolone Antibiotic with a Proteolytic Enzyme and In vitro Aerosol Performance of a Liposomal Co-spray Dried System. Respiratory Drug Delivery Asia. 2014; 1:165-170.
- Nirwane AM, Gupta PV, Patil RA. Therapeutic implications of Punica granatum seeds on doxorubicin-induced nephrotoxicity in Wistar rats. Austin Journal of Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 2014;2(8):1-5.
- Gupta PV and Nagarsenker MS. Antimicrobial and Antibiofilm activity of Enzybiotic against Staphylococcus aureus, in “The Battle against Microbial Pathogens: Basic Science, Technological Advances and Educational Programs”, Editor: A. Méndez-Vilas, Publisher: Formatex Research Center, Volume 1 ISBN (13): 978-84-942134-6-5, 364-372.