Title: Assistant Professor
Office: AHC1 320A
Phone: 305 -348-4857
Department(s): Immunology and Nano-Medicine
Dr. Nagesh Kolishetti is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Immunology at the College of Medicine, FIU. Dr. Kolishetti completed his Masters in Chemistry and Ph.D in the area of Polymer Science. Dr. Kolishetti's postdoctoral training was focused in the areas of Nanomedicine and Drug Delivery. Before joining FIU, Dr. Kolishetti was leading the chemistry division at Partikula LLC, a startup company focused in developing mitochondria targeted therapeutics, platinum prodrugs and metabolic modulators. Dr. Kolishetti's current research focus is in the areas of polymer science and nanomedicine with applications in cancer and HIV/AIDS.
Education and Training
- Masters (M.Sc): Chemistry, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, 1998-2000
- Doctoral Work (Ph.D): Polymers, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 2000-2006.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow: University of Massachusetts, Lowell, MA, 2006-2008.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow: Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 2008-2010.
- Research Affiliate: David H Koch Integrative Cancer Research Institute at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, USA, 2008-2010.
- Complex Carbohydrate Research Center, University of Georgia, Athens, 2010-2014.
- Banik, B.; Wen, R.; Marrache, S.; Kumar, A.; Kolishetti, N.; Howerth, E.; Dhar, S. “Core hydrophobicity tuning of a self-assembled particle results in efficient lipid reduction and favorable organ distribution” Nanoscale, 2018, Advance Article.
- Pathak, R. K.; Wen, R.; Kolishetti, N.; and Dhar, S. "A Prodrug of two approved drugs, cisplatin and chlorambucil, for chemo war against cancer" Mol. Cancer Ther., 2017, 16, 625-636.
- Pathak, R. K.; Kolishetti, N.; Dhar, S. “Targeted nanoparticles in mitochondrial medicine” WIREs Nanomed. Nanobiotechnol., 2015, 7, 315-329.
- Liden, P.V.; Kolishetti, N.; Hudlikar, M. H.; Boons, G.-J. “Exploring strain-promoted 1,3-dipolar cycloadditions of end functionalized polymers” (co-first author) Chem. Eur. J., 2014, 20, 8753–8760.
- Liden, P.V.; Kolishetti, N.; Boons, G.-J. “Multifuctionalization of polymers by strain-promoted cycloadditions” Macromolecules 2013, 46, 7759–7768.
- Marrache, S.; Pathak, R. K.; Darley, K. L.; Choi, J. H.; Zaver, D.; Kolishetti, N.; Dhar, S. “Nanocarriers for Tracking and Treating Diseases” Curr. Med. Chem., 2013, 20, 3500-3514.
- Dhar, S.; Kolishetti, N.; Lippard, S. J.; Farokhzad, O. C. “Targeted delivery of a cisplatin prodrug for safer and more effective prostate cancer therapy in vivo” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., 2011, 108, 1850-1855. (co-first author)
- Kolishetti, N.; Dhar, S.; Valencia, P. M.; Lin, L.; Karnik, R.; Langer, R.; Lippard, S. J.; Farokhzad, O. C. “Engineering of self-assembled nanoparticle platform for precisely-controlled combination drug therapy” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., 2010, 107, 17939-17944.
- Mamo, T.; Moseman, E. A.; Kolishetti, N.; Morales, C. S.; Shi, J.; Kuritzkes, D. R.; Langer, R.; von Andrian, U.; Farokhzad, O. C. “Emerging nanotechnology approaches HIV/AIDS treatment and prevention” Nanomedicine, 2010, 5, 269-285.
- Kolishetti, N.; Faust, R. “Structure-reactivity scales in carbocationic polymerizations” Macromolecules, 2008, 41, 9025-9029.
- Kolishetti, N.; Gupta, D; Kabra, D.; Narayan, K. S.; Ramakrishnan, S. “Tunable two-colour patterning of MEHPPV from a single precursor” J. Mater. Chem., 2007, 17, 1682-1686.
- Kolishetti, N.; Ramakrishnan, S. "Grafting functional handles on to MEHPPV-possible application for sensing" Synth. Metals, 2005, 155, 320-323.
- Kolishetti, N.; Dhar, S.; Langer, R.; Lippard, S. J.; Farokhzad, O. C. “Particles for multiple agent delivery”, PCT Int. Appl. 2011, WO 2011084620 A2 20110714.
- Lippard, S.J.; Dhar, S.; Farokhzad, O. C.; Kolishetti, N.; Gu, F. X. “Nanostructures for drug delivery”, PCT Int. Appl. 2010, WO 2010047765 A2 20100429.