Nisar, Mohammad Asim, MD
Title: Assistant Professor and Associate Medical Director for Camillus
Office: Camillus Health
Specialty: Psychosomatic Medicine, Psychodynamic Therapy
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish, Hindi, Urdu, Persian
Education: MD, Universidad Technologica de Santo Domingo, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Practice Location: Camillus Health1603 NW 7 Ave, Miami, FL 33136
Department(s): Psychiatry and Behavioral Health
Dr Nisar is Double Board certified in Psychiatry and Neurology with a fellowship in Psychosomatic Medicine from Columbia University school of Physicians and Surgeons, New York and also has a fellowship in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy from New York University School of Medicine.
His research activities and interests range from treating patients with mental health and concomitant medical illness, medical ethics, psychotherapy and psychopharmacology. Having lived in multiple cultures from the East and the West, his keen interest in cultural and social psychiatry allow him to well relate and advocate for people whose stressors include cultural, socio economic issues and migration. Dr Nisar is Multilingual fluent in (English, Spanish, Persian, Hindi, Urdu, Kashmiri).
Dr Nisar from early on in his training served in leadership positions. As Medical Education Chief Resident he helped structure the psychiatry clerkship for medical students, served in Graduate Medical Education Committee and inspired fellow residents to an elective in Psychodynamic psychotherapy at New York University. He was honored with the “Chief Resident Award”. He believes in introducing medical students and residents to dynamic aspect of evidence based behavioral health education, promoting research and compassionate care.
Dr Nisar is currently Assistant Clinical Professor at FIU and Associate Medical Director at Camillus Health. His current scope of projects includes integrative care, Jail Diversion Program and Substance abuse among others. Devoted in building a model of care that provides optimum care to the most needy with dignity and compassion. He is a strong believer in healing through relational and compassionate care. His predominant approach is psychodynamic, but also believes in holistic care and non–conventional therapies.
Education and Training
- Fellowship, Psychosomatic Medicine, Columbia University, New York, NY.
- Fellowship in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, New York University, New York, NY.
- Residency, Psychiatry, Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY.
- MD, Universidad Technologica de Santo Domingo, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
- Hashmi, Seema, Lamontanaro, Laura, Zubair, Adeel, Pal, Monica, Nisar, Mohammad Asim ; Conversion Disorder in Hispanic Female; Psychiatric Annals, September 2010, vol./is. 40/9(441-444), 0048-5713;1938- 2456 (Sep 2010) Publication Date: September 2010
- Risk Factor Analysis for Hyponatremia in Patients seen Psychiatric Emergency Room, Poster Presentation, Institute Of Psychiatric Services, Oct 2010.