Lake, Michelle Christina, LMHC, NCC
Title: Clinical Therapist III
Office: AHC1 - 348
Department(s): Psychiatry and Behavioral Health
Mrs. Michelle Lake-Philippe received her Master’s Degree in Counselor Education with a specialization in Mental Health Counseling from Florida International University. She is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Florida as well as a Qualified Supervisor for Mental Health Counselors. She has extensive experience providing individual, couples therapy, and family therapy to adults, the elderly, and children as well as providing care management to patients with chronic illnesses. Some areas she has treated are depression, anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, bereavement, domestic violence, issues within the workplace (EAP), coping with illnesses, and issues related to divorce such as adjustment issues for children, differences in parenting skills, parenting plans, etc.
She is currently a Doctoral Candidate in the Organizational Learning and Leadership program with a specialization in Human Resources at Barry University, and is in the process of completing her dissertation. She is also certified in Industrial Organizational Psychology. Her research areas of interest include Work-Life Balance, Occupational Health, Increasing Teamwork in Organizations, Performance Management, Strategic Planning, Training and Development, and Coaching. She has extensive experience in training, coaching, and occupational health. Lastly, she is trained in Family Mediation and Parenting Coordination.
Education and Training:
- Doctorate of Education in Organizational Learning and Leadership with a specialization in Human Resources, Barry University, Miami, Florida
- Certificate in Human Resources, Florida International University, Miami, Florida
- Certificate in Industrial Organizational Psychology, Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Certificate in Family Mediation, Mediation Training Group, Boca Raton, FL
- Certificate in Parenting Coordination, Mediation Training Group, Boca Raton, FL
- Master’s degree in Counselor Education with a specialization in Mental Health Counseling, Florida International University, Miami, Florida
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Florida International University, Miami, Florida
- Outstanding Student of the Year 2018 in the EdD in Organizational Learning and Leadership with a Specialization in Human Resource Development program. Presented By: Barry University - 2018.
- Teaching Excellence Award, University of Phoenix - 2015