Rodriguez, Mauricio, MD
Title: Assistant Professor; Attending Physician at Student Health Center
Office: Student Health Center - 210
Specialty: General Adult Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Education: Doctor of Medicine, Universidad Central Del Este, Dominican Republic
Department(s): Psychiatry and Behavioral Health
Practice Location: Student Health Center
Dr. Rodriguez is Board-certified in Psychiatry and Neurology. He was born in El Salvador and raised in Miami, Florida where he completed a Bachelor degree in Biological Sciences at FIU in early 2000. He obtained his medical doctor degree from the Universidad Central Del Este. After graduating from medical school, he worked in emergency psychiatry for almost two years serving the community in Miami, Florida.
Dr. Rodriguez completed his residency at Icahn School of Medicine, at Mount Sinai, in Queens, NY, Elmhurst Hospital, working in one of the largest psychiatric out-patient clinic in New York. During his residency he was involved and performed Global Health work in St.Vincent and the Grenadines, Island. He obtained extra training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry for Baylor College of Medicine, Houston Texas. While at Baylor he worked in multiple clinics including The Menninger Clinic. He has also ample experience working in group practice where he was able to develop and manage his own child and adolescent clinic.
Dr. Rodriguez is now an attending physician specialized in transitional age youth. He is committed to improving mental health access and working with the Hispanic population in South Florida.
- Child and Adolescent Fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston Tx
- General Psychiatry Residency, Icahn School of Medicine, at Mount Sinai, Elmhurst Hospital Queens, NY
- MD, Universidad Central Del Este, Dominican Republic
- BS, Biological Sciences from Florida International University
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Special training in Autism Spectrum Disorder and IDD
- Minority Mental Health
- Clinic Excellence Award from Baylor College of medicine / Menninger Clinic
- Phi Kappa Phi Excellence Award
- Graduated Cum Laude from Universidad Central Del Este
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Florida International University