Fendl Esposito, Karin C
Title: Associate Dean for Curriculum & Medical Education; Professor
Office: AHC2 676
Department(s): Office of Medical Education
Dr Esposito is Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor and Vice Chair in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health at the Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine. Dr Esposito is former Associate Chief Medical Officer for Mental Health and Ambulatory Services at Jackson Health System in Miami, Florida, and was on the faculty of the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine for 10 years, where she served as Associate Residency Training Director for psychiatry and Vice-Chair of a Biomedical Sciences IRB Committee. Dr Esposito received her PhD in biochemistry and her MD from the University of Miami and completed her residency training in psychiatry at Jackson Memorial Hospital. Her research interests have spanned basic and clinical research, education research, and most recently hospital-based quality improvement research.
Education and Training
- Chief Resident, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Jackson Memorial Hospital/ University of Miami, Miami, Florida
- Residency, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Miami/ Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Florida
- MD, University of Miami School of Medicine, Coral Gables, Florida
- PhD, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida
- BS, Biology, summa cum laude, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida
- ELAM (Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine) Fellowship, 2011-2012
- Outstanding Educator Award, North Dade Chamber of Commerce, 2011
- NIMH Outstanding Resident Award 1998
- PRITE Fellowship, American College of Psychiatrists,1998
- Endocrine Society Young Investigator Award, 1991
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1986
- Arbuckle M, DeGolia S, Esposito K, Miller D, Weinberg M, Brenner A. Associate residency training directors in Psychiatry: Demographics, Professional activities, and job satisfaction. Acad Psychiatry. 2012; 36(5):391-4.
- Rubio D, Schoenbaum E, Lee L, Schteingart D, Marantz P, Anderson K, Platt L, Baez A, Esposito K. Defining translational research: implications for training. Acad Med. 2010; 85(3):470-5.
- Esposito K and Goodman K. (2009) Genethics 2.0: Phenotypes, genotypes, and the challenge of databases generated by personal genome testing. Am J Bioeth. 2009; 9(6-7):19-21.
- Esposito K, Reierson G, Luo HR, Wu GS, Licinio J, Wong ML. Phosphodiesterase genes and antidepressant treatment response: a review. Ann Med. 2009; 41(3):177-85.
- Paz-Filho G, Andrews D, Esposito K, Erol HK, Delibasi T, Wong ML, Licinio J. Effects of leptin replacement on risk factors for cardiovascular disease in genetically leptin-deficient subjects. Horm Metab Res. 2009; 41(2):164-7.