Mora, Jorge Camilo
Title: Director of Geriatric Medical Education; Strand Leader for Professional Development; Director of Clinical Nutrition; and Associate Professor
Specialty: Family Medicine
Department(s): Translational Medicine
Dr. Jorge C. Mora is board certified in Family Medicine. Prior to completing his medical training, Dr. Mora worked with the Har- vard AIDS Institute and François-Xavier Bagnoud International. His work focused on issues related to health care access, HIV/ AIDS, and health and human rights in India, Colombia, and Sub-Saharan Africa. Later, Dr. Mora joined the University of Texas where he was program manager for a National Institutes of Health sponsored Community Programs for Clinical Research on AIDS at the Houston AIDS Research Team. He oversaw four clinical centers with over 3,000 individuals living with HIV/AIDS. After Dr. Mora completed his residency, he joined Broward General Hospital in Broward County, FL and the Veterans Admin- istration Medical Center in West Palm Beach, FL. In September 2009, Dr. Mora joined Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine as faculty in Family Medicine. Dr. Jorge Mora is Course Director of the Period 2 Geriatric Clerk- ship course. Dr. Mora also serves as board member at Kaiser University and Universal Heritage Institute clinic.
Education and Training
- MD, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogota, Colombia MPH, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts
- Residency, Family Medicine, Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, Tallahassee, Florida Chief Resident, Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, Tallahassee, Florida
- Longitudinal Mini-Fellowship in Geriatric Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (ongoing)
- Mini-Fellowship in Geriatric Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MA
- Botelho R, Engle B, Mora JC, Holder C. Brief Interventions in Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice on Substance Abuse in Office-Based Practice. 2011.
- Calzada P, Mora JC. First-generation Hispanic Americans and diabetes mellitus. AOA Health Watch. 2011.
- Martinez I, Brown D, Mora JC. A Community-based Approach for Integrating Geriatrics and Gerontology into Medical Edu- cation. Abstract accepted at the Gerontological Society of America Conference. 2010.
- Mora JC. What Legal Clinicians (Still) Have to Learn from the Medical Clinical Model: Legal and Social Justice. Lessons from the Trenches. Abstract accepted at the Clinical Legal Education Workbook Conference. Baltimore; 2010.
- Susan U. Wager Resident Teacher Award, 2007 2000 Patient Visits Award, 2004 - 2007
- Harvard Scholarship, Fundación Educación Superior, 1999 Colfuturo Scholarship, 1999
Areas of Interest
- Alternative Medicine Wellness
- Health and Human Right