Gralnik, Leonard M., MD, PhD
Title: Assistant Professor, Clerkship Director, Senior Medical Director at ACC
Office: AHC1 349A
Specialty: Psychiatry & Behavioral Health
Languages Spoken: English
Education: MD, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine
Practice Location: FIU Health Broward, 1600 S. Andrews Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Department(s): Psychiatry and Behavioral Health
Dr Gralnik received his PhD and MD degrees from the University of Miami School of Medicine. He completed residency and fellowship training in general psychiatry and child and adolescent psychiatry at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, He is board certified in Psychiatry and Neurology, as well as, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, and served as Chief Fellow in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. He was medical director of the Nova Southeastern University Community Mental Health center and later medical director of the Student Counseling Center at Nova Southeastern University. Dr Gralnik is currently assistant professor of psychiatry and director of the psychiatry clerkship at Florida International University’s Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine. He is also the medical director of the FIU Health Broward Faculty Group Practice, which is located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Dr Gralnik is vice-chairman of the Department of Psychiary at Broward Health Medical Center, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and a Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association.
Education and Training
- Fellowship, General Psychiatry and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
- Residency, General Psychiatry and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
- MD, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL
- PhD in Physiology and Biophysics, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL
- BA Chemistry, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL
- Med Student Choice
- Flemons D, Gralnik, LM. Relational Suicide Assessment: Risks, Resources, and Possibilities for Safety. J Marital Fam Ther. 2015; 41(1):129-30.
- Flemons, D. and Gralnik, L.M. Relational Suicide Assessment, W.W. Norton, New York, 2013.
- Gralnik, LM, Flemons, D. How to assess and ensure the safety of your suicidal patients. Florida Family Physician. 2012; 61(1): 12-14.
- Flemons D, Gralnik L. (under contract) Therapeutic Suicide Assessment: Exploring your clients' risks and resources. New York, NY:W.W. Norton.
- Valdes HB, Nonner D, Rulli RD, Gralnik LM, Barrett JN. Trophic effects of striatal proteins on central dopaminergic neurons in culture. In: Hefti F, William J. eds. Parkinson's Research. 1988; 163-171.
- Gonzalez EA, Pimentel C, Natale RA, Toll BA, Soffer A, Gralnik LM. Psychiatric and medical comorbidity in mitral valve prolapse. Ir J Psych Med. 2002; 19(1):16-20.