Title: Faculty Administrator & Associate Dean, Health Information Technology; and Faculty Administrator
Department(s): Information Technology
Elizabeth Rockowitz is a Healthcare Executive that brings 20 years of healthcare IT experience in providing comprehensive information technology knowledge for innovative solutions that meet business, research, teaching and clinical objectives. She is accomplished in system project development, instructional design, revenue cycle optimization, performance improvement processes, application system development and leading multi-discipline teams. Prior to joining FIU, Liz worked for large academic medical centers to develop their healthcare academic and information technology solutions. Liz has served on several professional organizations’ executive boards and has been a frequent speaker at numerous local and national conferences. Liz holds a Bachelor of Science in Education and a Master of Science in Computer Information Systems and Instructional Design.
Responsible for the HWCOM and the FIU Health Information Technology. Develops strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology systems in collaboration with academic and clinical leadership.
Ms Rockowitz has earned numerous awards and Certification
- Fellow College of Healthcare Information Management Executive FCHIME, 2018
- Certified Health Care Chief Information Officer CHCIO, 2014
- CIO Magazine, 2007, "The Team Builder Stand Out Award Winner "
- CIO Magazine, 2007, "Ones to Watch Award"
- Computerworld, 2007, "The Computerworld Honors Program" - Healthcare Laureate.
- CaneCare: Bringing physicians together with critical patient information on the Web. Honoring those who use Information Technology to benefit society.
- IT Florida Award Program, ITFlorida, 2006, Provides feedback to the Governor, the Legislature, and Enterprise Florida on policies to advance Florida's high tech economy.