Presently, I am working as Post-Doctoral Research Associate and my research project aims to explore magnetic nano-carriers for site-specific on-demand delivery of Anti-HIV drug to prevent neruoAIDS” with Prof. Madhavan Nair at Center of Personalized Nanomedicine, Department of Immunology & Nano-Medicine, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Florida International University (FIU), Miami USA. I have been awarded Ph.D. Degree entitled “Development, Characterization of Novel Micro/Nano Hydrogels and Study of their Application in Experimental Model for Neurological Disorders” under the supervision of Prof Sharif Ahmad, Department of Chemistry JMI, New Delhi, India and co-supervision of Prof Y.K. Gupta, Department of Pharmacology, AIIMS, New Delhi, India In the course of my research, I have been engaged in preparation and characterization of various hydrogels and nano-composites hydrogels, for drug delivery application. My research interests are related toward Micro/ nanogels for drug delivery systems and imaging applications, biodegradable polymers, biomaterials, Carbon nanotubes, thin films and related nanotechnology areas.
- Over 8 years’ experience of design and development of Hydrogels for Drug delivery systems.
- Development of Biodegradable hydrogels in various forms viz., Nanoparticles, thin films, crystals.
- Spectral characterization and swelling and deswelling experiments, pH responsive characteristics, Biodegradability and biocompatibility studies of the hydrogels.
- Preparation and characterization of nanocomposite hydrogels.
- In vitro and In vivo drug loading and release studies for antiepileptic drugs (Phenytoin) and model dyes.
- Over 1 years of experience in the Copy editing in Thomson Press.
- Exploring Nano-Cure.
- Design and development of nanocomposite hydrogels nanocarriers.
- On-demand controlled drug delivery for site-specific release.
- Delivery of Anti-epileptic drug across blood brain barrier (BBB) to prevent epilepsy.
- BBB Model for testing nanogel drug delivery.
- Nano Carriers for drug delivery
- Drug loading and Release studies
- Synthesizing and characterizing nanocomposite hydrogels for drug delivery applications
- Fabrication and characterization of hydrogel nanoparticles
Full list of publications; https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=XuivQWcAAAAJ&hl=en
- Arti Vashist, Rabia Kouser, Ajeet Kaushik, Atul Vashist, Rahul Dev Jayant, Sharif Ahmad, Y. K. Gupta, and Madhavan Nair, Polymeric Nanocomposite Hydrogels as Emerging Biomaterials
- In Biopolymers and Nanocomposites for Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Applications ISBN: 978-1-53610-635-0 Editors: E. Sharmin and F. Zafar ©2017 Nova Science Publisher, Inc
- Eram. Sharmin, Deewan. Akram, Arti Vashist, Fahmina Zafar, Md. Yaseen Shah and Sharif Ahmad,Studies on microwave synthesized polyol from linseed oil; Bhartia Vaigyanic Odhyogic
- Anusandhan Patrika (Hindi) 18, 43-45.
- Arti Vashist, A Kaushik, A Vashist, J Bala, R Nikkhah-Moshaie, V Sagar Nanogels as potential drug nanocarriers for CNS drug delivery Drug discovery today 2018
- Arti Vashist, A Kaushik, A Ghosal, R Nikkhah-Moshaie, A Vashist, Rahul Dev Jayant, Madhavan Nair, Journey of hydrogels to nanogels: a decade after, Nanogels for Biomedical Applications, 2017,1-8
- A Ghosal, S Tiwari, A Mishra, Arti Vashist, NK Rawat, S Ahmad Design and Engineering of Nanogels, 2017, 9-28
- A Kaushik, Arti Vashist, P Shah, S Tiwari, RD Jayant, M Nair Scale-up and Current Clinical Trials for Nanogels in Therapeutics Nanogels for Biomedical Applications, 2017, 283-289.
- Arti Vashist, A Kaushik, J Bala, H Unwalla, V Bhardwaj, V Sagar, M Nair Nanogels for Brain Drug Delivery, 2017, 94-108
- A Ghosal, Arti Vashist, S Tiwari, E Sharmin, S Ahmad, J Bhattacharya, Nanotechnology for Therapeutics, Advances in Personalized Nanotherapeutics,2017, 25-406
- Arti Vashist, A Kaushik, RD Jayant, A Vashist, A Ghosal, M Nair, Hydrogels: Stimuli Responsive to on-Demand Drug Delivery Systems, Advances in Personalized Nanotherapeutics, 2017,117-130
- Arti Vashist, Atul Vashist, Y. K. Gupta and Sharif Ahmad, Recent advances in hydrogel based drug delivery systems for the human body; Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2, (2014), 147-166.
- Arti Vashist, Syed Shahabuddin, Y. K. Gupta and Sharif Ahmad, Polyol induced interpenetrating networks: chitosan-methylmethacrylate based biocompatible and pH responsive hydrogels for drug delivery system; Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 1, (2013), 168-178.
- Arti Vashist and Sharif Ahmad, Hydrogels: smart materials for drug delivery; Oriental Journal of Chemistry, 29, (2013), 861-870.
- Arti Vashist, Y. K. Gupta and Sharif Ahmad, Interpenetrating biopolymer network based hydrogels for an effective drug delivery system; Carbohydrate polymers, 87, (2012), 1433-1439.
- Arti Vashist, Sharif Ahmad, Hydrogels for tissue engineering: Scope and Applications Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, 16, (2015), 606-620.
- Arti Vashist, Ajeet Kaushik, Atul Vashist, Rahul Dev Jayant, Asahi Tomitaka, Sharif Ahmad, Y. K. Gupta, Madhavan Nair Recent trends on hydrogels based drug delivery systems for infectious diseases. Biomaterials Science (2016)
- Arti Vashist, Ajeet Kaushik, Kayla Alexis, Rahul Dev Jayant, Vidya Sagar, Madhavan Nair Bioresponsive Injectable Hydrogels for On-demand Drug Release and Tissue Engineering. Current Pharmaceutical Design, (2017)
- Arti Vashist, Ajeet Kaushik, Atul Vashist, Vidya Sagar, Anujit Ghosal, Y.K. Gupta, Sharif Ahmad, Madhavan Nair Advances in Carbon Nanotubes–Hydrogel Hybrids in Nanomedicine for Therapeutics Advanced Healthcare Materials (2018), 7 (9), 1701213
- Arti Vashist, Ajeet Kaushik, Anujit Ghosal, Jyoti Bala, Roozbeh Nikkhah-Moshaie, Waseem A Wani, Pandiaraj Manickam, and Madhavan Nair. "Nanocomposite Hydrogels: Advances in Nanofillers Used for Nanomedicine. Gels (2018), 4(3), 75
- Ufana Riaz, Arti Vashist, Sharif Ahmad, Syed Aziz Ahmad, S. M. Ashraf, Compatibility and biodegradability studies of linseed oil epoxy and PVC blends; Biomass and bioenergy, 34, (2010), 396-401.
- Eram. Sharmin, Deewan. Akram, Arti Vashist, Fahmina Zafar, Md. Yaseen Shah and Sharif Ahmad, Studies on microwave synthesized polyol from linseed oil; Bhartia Vaigyanic Odhyogic Anusandhan Patrika (Hindi) 18, 43-45.
- Ajeet Kaushik, Rahul Dev Jayant, Sneham Tiwari, Arti Vashist, Madhavan Nair, Nano-biosensors to detect beta-amyloid for Alzheimer's disease management, Biosensors and Bioelectronics 80, (2016) 273-287.
- Ajeet Kaushik, PK Vabbina, Venkata Atluri, Pratik Shah, Arti Vashist, Rahul Dev Jayant, Adriana Yndart, Electrochemical monitoring-on-chip (E-MoC) of HIV-infection in presence of cocaine and therapeutics. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 86, (2016) 426-431
- Ajeet Kaushik, Pratik Shah, PK Vabbina, Rahul Dev Jayant, Sneham Tiwari, Arti Vashist, Adriana Yndart, A label-free electrochemical immunosensor for beta-amyloid detection Analytical Methods 8 (31), 6115-6120
- RD Jayant, D Sosa, A Kaushik, V Atluri, Arti Vashist, A Tomitaka, M Nair Current status of non-viral gene therapy for CNS disorders Expert opinion on drug delivery 2016.
- Ajeet Kaushik, Sneham Tiwari, Rahul Dev Jayant, Arti Vashist, R. Nikkhah-Moshaie, N. El-Hage and Madhavan Nair, Electrochemical Biosensors for Early Stage Zika Diagnostics Trends in Biotechnology, 2016.
- Rahul Dev Jayant, Daniela Sosa, Ajeet Kaushik, Venkata Atluri, Arti Vashist, Asahi Tomitaka, Madhavan Nair Current status of non-viral gene therapy for CNS disorders Expert opinion on drug delivery 13 (10), 2016,1433-1445
- Ajeet Kaushik, Sneham Tiwari, Rahul Dev Jayant, Arti Vashist, Roozbeh Nikkhah-Moshaie, Madhavan Nair Electrochemical biosensors for early stage Zika diagnostics Trends in biotechnology , 2017, 35 (4), 308-317
- Rabia Kouser, Arti Vashist, Mh Zafaryab, MA Rizvi, Sharif Ahmad Biocompatible and mechanically robust nanocomposite hydrogels for potential applications in tissue engineering Materials Science and Engineering C 2018, C 84, 168-179
- ,Rabia Kouser, Arti Vashist, Mh Zafaryab, MA Rizvi Sharif Ahmad Na-Montmorillonite-Dispersed Sustainable Polymer Nanocomposite Hydrogel Films for Anticancer Drug Delivery ACS Omega 2018, 3,11, 15809-15820.
- Rabia Kouser, Arti Vashist, Mh Zafaryab, MA Rizvi, Sharif AhmadpH Responsive Biocompatible Nanocomposite Hydrogels for Therapeutic Drug Delivery. ACS Applied Biomaterials 2018.