Title: Assistant Professor
Department(s): Humanities, Health and Society
Dr. Andreu is a Miami native and obtained her bachelor’s degree in Chemistry from Florida International University. She earned her medical degree from Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and completed Internal Medicine residency at the University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida. Following residency training, Dr.Andreu joined the Internal and Hospital Medicine group at Moffitt Cancer Center as Assistant Professor of Medicine for the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine where she was responsible for both medical student and resident education. Dr.Andreu now joins the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine with goals to prepare clinically strong medical students and in the future, residents who will go on to provide exemplary and compassionate care to diverse populations such that of the Miami-Dade community.
Education and Training
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida
- Doctor of Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Bachelors of Art, Cum Laude in Chemistry, Florida International University, Miami, Florida
- Andreu A, Guglin, M. “Exaggerated NT-proBNP Production in Patients With Hematologic Malignancies: A Case Series”. Congestive Heart Failure, 2012; 18(6):333-6.
- Alvarado R, Rosenberg J, Andreu A, Bryan J.C., Chen W, Ren T., Kavallieratos, K. “Structural Insights Into the Coordination and Extraction of Pb(II) by Disulfonamide Ion Exchangers”. Inorganic Chem., 2005.