The Department of Human and Molecular Genetics was formally established in 2007 in the new FIU College of Medicine.
Vision & goals
Vision: To become a department consisting of faculty having international reputations for scholarship and education in human genetics.
Mission: Establish a department that elucidates genetic etiology of human disease, translate this knowledge into improved health care through early detection and treatment.
The mission will be accomplished by:
- Creating a supportive environment that impels excellence
- Recruiting and retaining accomplished investigators of proven competitive research
- Developing state-of-the-art core facilities for FIU investigators
- Facilitating and encouraging national and international collaborative initiatives
- Mentoring faculty members and trainees for academic excellence
- Educating medical students to think genetically
- Serving as a bridge department between basic science and clinical departments
Florida International University
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
Human and Molecular Genetics
11200 SW 8th Street
Miami, FL 33199