All applicants to the FIU HWCOM MPAS program must have the following requirements for their applications to be considered. The program requires full-time attendance and does not accept transfer credits or advanced placement.
- Baccalaureate degree, or its equivalent, from a regionally accredited College or University – Baccalaureate degrees must be completed by the Spring semester prior to matriculation.
- Minimum Upper Division Grade Point Average (UG60), overall GPA and science GPA of 3.0.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Standardized Test – official scores must be valid within the past five years and should be sent directly by ETS to CASPA code 0554.
- Graduate student applicants whose studies were completed outside of the U.S. must demonstrate proficiency of the English language by presenting a minimum score of 80 on the iBT TOEFL – equivalent to 550 on the paper-based version, or 6.5 overall on the International English Language Testing System (IETLS)
- Three letters of recommendation – letters should be from physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, professors, or any individual who has worked with the applicant in a professional or educational environment.
- Completion of all prerequisite courses within the last seven years – these courses must be completed by the application deadline (i.e. no courses completed in spring will be acknowledged). All prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher.
** While previous experience in the medical field is not required it is highly recommended. NOTE: only shadowing hours submitted at the time of application will be applicable. **
It is recommended that FIU students and alumni who are interested in determining their eligibility to apply to the program schedule an appointment with the Pre-Health Advising Department at (305 )348-0515.