Psychiatry & Behavioral Health
The Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Health was established in the fall of 2008 as part of the new FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine. The Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Health collaborates with hospitals and other organizations throughout South Florida to provide training and education, innovative research, and superior clinical services.
The Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Health seeks the pursuit of emotional, behavioral and physical health through quality education, superior health care, and the development and dissemination of science based innovation.
To provide excellence in education, research and clinical services.
- Promote independent and lifelong learning
- Provide exemplary, evidence based patient services through the application of medical knowledge to patient care
- Foster academic quality and provide education of the highest standard
- Seek the advancement of research
- Maintain honesty and integrity
- Seek excellence in everything we do
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
Florida International University
11200 SW 8th Street, AHC1 348 Miami, FL 33199