Psychiatry & Behavioral Health
The Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Health was established in the fall of 2008 as part of the new FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine. The Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Health collaborates with hospitals and other organizations throughout South Florida to provide training and education, innovative research, and superior clinical services.
Vision: The Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Health seeks the pursuit of emotional, behavioral and physical health through quality education, superior health care, and the development and dissemination of science based innovation.
Mission: To provide excellence in education, research and clinical services.
- Promote independent and lifelong learning
- Provide exemplary, evidence based patient services through the application of medical knowledge to patient care
- Foster academic quality and provide education of the highest standard
- Seek the advancement of research
- Maintain honesty and integrity
- Seek excellence in everything we do
Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Health
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
Florida International University
11200 SW 8th Street, AHC1 348
Miami, FL 33199