The Department of Otolaryngology was established in 2012 as a part of the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) at Florida International University.
Vision: To create an academic Department of Otolaryngology that will be viewed as an academic leader in this specialty throughout the United States and abroad.
Mission: Through a commitment to academic excellence, the Department of Otolaryngology will provide exemplary patient care and be viewed as a leader in scholastic, academic, research, and clinical care within the region.
The mission will be accomplished through:
- Recruiting outstanding faculty
- Creating a positive educational environment for students and other trainees in all aspects of Otolaryngology
- Creating an ACGME-accredited graduate medical education program to train residents in Otolaryngology
- Creating appropriate fellowships in Otolaryngology for advanced training in the specialty
- Be viewed as a leader in outcome-based research in the care of patients with Otolaryngological problems