Obstetrics and Gynecology
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB-GYN) was established in the Fall of 2008 as part of the new FIU College of Medicine.
Vision: To be one of the most outstanding academic departments of OB-GYN in the region and a center of excellence for innovations in the fields of research, education, and clinical care.
- To improve the health for those we serve with dedication to excellence
- To provide an outstanding environment for undergraduate medical education in OB-GYN
- To create and maintain an outstanding residency training program in OB-GYN
- To provide a venue for continuing medical education for physicians in the area
The Mission will be accomplished by:
- Training our medical students with the highest level of professionalism in patient care.
- Familiarizing them with the specialty, giving them a competent basic education in OB-GYN while encouraging research at every level.
- Developing the OB-GYN Department at sites in the academic community base centers for medical students and resident training.
- Creating and maintaining a curriculum that will expose our residents and students to all aspects of OB-GYN.
- Recruiting the best faculty and supporting them in their pursuit of excellence in patient care, research, medical education, and technology.