The Department of Neurology was established in the summer of 2008 as part of the new FIU College of Medicine.
Vision: To be one of the most recognized and outstanding academic departments of Neurology in the region and to establish a center of excellence in neurology, research, and clinical education.
- To improve and provide the optimal quality of care available to our local community members
- To provide an excellent environment for undergraduate medical education
- To pursue graduate medical education in the field of neurology
- To provide an environment of continues medical education
The mission will be accomplished by:
- Providing the highest level of training and education to our medical students.
- Providing the basic understanding of the neurology specialty.
- Encouraging medical students to understand the importance of research in neurology.
- Developing the Neurology Department at JNMC and at other sites in the area into academic community base center for residency training.
- Recruiting the best faculty and supporting them in their pursuit of excellence in patient care, research, medical education, and technology.