The Department of Dermatology was established in 2012 as one of the critical clinical departments within the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine at Florida International University.
Vision: To become one of the most outstanding departments of dermatology in the Southeastern United States. Providing excellence in medical student education, graduate medical education (GME), and be looked to as an outstanding source for continuing medical education (CME).
Mission: Through academic excellence, establish a culture of patient-centered care that will be a model to be emulated by others.
The mission will be accomplished by:
- Recruiting outstanding faculty from the region and the nation with an interest in improving outcomes in patients with dermatologic disease
- Exposing medical students to a vast array of patients with dermatologic conditions
- Providing role-models for trainees throughout the educational spectrum
- Developing an exemplary ACGME-accredited residency training program
- Establishing an international outreach program to provide graduate medical experiences for individuals outside of the continental United States