Institute of NeuroImmune Pharmacology
Vision of INIP
In Congruence with Worlds Ahead Strategic Plan of FIU/ HWCOM, and NIH Road map INIP will engage in:
- State-of-the-art and translational research, creative activity.
- High quality teaching
- Training and collaborative engagements.
- Provide academic leadership in Immunology/NeuroImmune pharmacology in the college of medicine and FIU
- Develop, foster and sustain a program of translational research (bench to bedside) and training in Immunology, Neuro-Immune pharmacology of Drug abuse ,HIV/ CNS diseases and cosmetic medicine
- Develop novel drug delivery technologies to treat HIV, drug addiction and various CNS diseases.
- Build bridges between research and training activities at the graduate, undergraduate and post doctoral levels for PhD,. MD and M.P.H scientists and practicing immunologists.
- To nurture /mentor junior researchers to become independent NIH funded investigators.
- To establish academic and Industry collaboration with in US and abroad.
- Develop an in vitro model system by which the HIV drugs can be specifically targeted to the brain using magnetic Nanotechnology approach to cure Neuro-AIDS.
- Formulate Nano silicone particles for constructing immunologically naïve breast implants.
- Differential neuro-AIDS prevalent in different HIV-1 Clades infections and to evaluate the exacerbating effects of drug abuse in HIV Clade included differential neuropathogenesis.
- To study the behavioral aspects of animals treated with magnetic nanoparticles tagged with opioid receptors antagonists in the drug abuse research area.
- Magneto-Electric Nano-particles for Non-invasive Brain stimulation
- Preparation of various sizes of nicotine nanoparticles to construct next generation of nicotine patches for clinical use.
- Develop and target a specific drug targeting the brain to treat specific brain tumors
- Develop treatment programs using Novel Personalized Nanomedicine paradigms to treat Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease.